This thread was locked on 2006-12-08 16:18:16
Forums > General Industry > Take another model's photo and put your face in it

Photographer

-Trev-

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

So a week has passed since I messaged an MM moderator about a model who copied at least 2 photos from another model's portfolio (one of them was my work), Photoshopped her face over the original model's face, and posted them in her portfolio as her own. I've heard no response to my concern about this in the past week. The offending "model" has since removed the images from her port (not before I saved screen-captures) and deleted a tag from the original model who commented on the copyright violation.

Should I forget about this?

Dec 07 06 11:23 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

Trevor Howell wrote:
So a week has passed since I messaged an MM moderator about a model who copied at least 2 photos from another model's portfolio (one of them was my work), Photoshopped her face over the original model's face, and posted them in her portfolio as her own. I've heard no response to my concern about this in the past week. The offending "model" has since removed the images from her port (not before I saved screen-captures) and deleted a tag from the original model who commented on the copyright violation.

Should I forget about this?

You've got "screen captures" ... so what? If the offending party took down the images, then they did what they should've. It's the same as sending a demand cease & decist letter for copyright violation. Since they are down, there is nothing else (legally) that you can do, so yes, I would forget it.

Dec 08 06 12:13 am Link