Forums > General Industry > Just steal a photo & put your face on it

Photographer

-Trev-

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

So a week has passed since I messaged an MM moderator about a model who copied at least 2 photos from another model's portfolio (one of them was my work), Photoshopped her face over the original model's face, and posted them in her portfolio as her own. I've heard no response to my concern about this in the past week. The offending "model" has since removed the images from her port (not before I saved screen-captures) and deleted a tag from the original model who commented on the copyright violation.

Should I forget about this?

Dec 07 06 11:21 pm Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

Trevor Howell wrote:
So a week has passed since I messaged an MM moderator about a model who copied at least 2 photos from another model's portfolio (one of them was my work), Photoshopped her face over the original model's face, and posted them in her portfolio as her own. I've heard no response to my concern about this in the past week. The offending "model" has since removed the images from her port (not before I saved screen-captures) and deleted a tag from the original model who commented on the copyright violation.

Should I forget about this?

Oh, man....that is atrocious, I cant even beleive someone would have the audacity to do something like that. I say since she took them down you should forget about it for now, it sucks, but at least they're down, which is the ultimate goal, right?

Dec 08 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

MMPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

New model, she probably isn't getting a lot of work anyway...

Dec 08 06 12:26 am Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

how good was the photo shop! ?

Dec 08 06 12:31 am Link

Photographer

Jeff Searust

Austin, Texas, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

My question exactly...

Dec 08 06 12:34 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

There is NO record of ANY Contact-A-Mod posts by "Trevor Howell".

If you want something done, please, don't contact the moderators personally-- like me, many of them probably do NOT respond to that.  You need to go through the proper channels.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/info.php

Dec 08 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

That's what I was thinking! lol

Dec 08 06 04:43 pm Link

Model

Ava Cavalli

Pensacola, Florida, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

Inquiring minds are still waiting for an answer....

Dec 08 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Amanda Padilla wrote:

Guys, being able to photoshop a person's face from a different pic and merge it seamlessly onto another person's body is not only difficult, but the two images must have the same ANGLE, lens focal length, Film speed (or like setting in digital), resolution, Color temperature and ..... Light source. 

Thus anyone who can do that is a Photoshop God/Goddess.  If it was a great fake and I'm very interested in seeing it smile

But then most times it can't be done, because the source material is not matching.  The only times I've seen it done well is a very FEW Of those faked celebrity nudes where the original images were both on camera flash paparazzo style snaps.

Dec 09 06 02:59 am Link

Photographer

D Magi Visual Concepts

Los Angeles, California, US

F.Y. Hamada wrote:

Guys, being able to photoshop a person's face from a different pic and merge it seamlessly onto another person's body is not only difficult, but the two images must have the same ANGLE, lens focal length, Film speed (or like setting in digital), resolution, Color temperature and ..... Light source. 

Thus anyone who can do that is a Photoshop God/Goddess.  If it was a great fake and I'm very interested in seeing it smile

But then most times it can't be done, because the source material is not matching.  The only times I've seen it done well is a very FEW Of those faked celebrity nudes where the original images were both on camera flash paparazzo style snaps.

Agreed.  I'd have to see these with my own eyes.  I'd like OP to upload the screen captures and his originals.

Dec 09 06 03:09 am Link