Forums > Newbie Forum > Transparency/Professionalism

Model

DahliaVail

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hey all!

Brand new to Model Mayhem - Working to build my social media platform on all sites.
I have been asked before for selfies from photographers. Like current photos.
What is your view on that? Are they good, as long as they're recent? Do they look unprofessional? Should I focus on just getting updated head shots often? I want to be transparent but not lack professionalism. Any advice and help is totally appreciated!

Jun 20 17 01:31 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

If I understand you correctly:  If you want to monetize selfies, get an account on Patreon or something similar.  If you want to up your game, get a more versatile camera, one with an interval timer.  Put it on a tripod and pose for each interval.

If you are asking if selfies are good for getting paid work on MM:  No.  You will get some.  You would get more if you said yes to nudes.  Understand that MM is full of wanna be's that waste the time of others; don't show up; disappear quickly.  Selfies show you are cute.  However, you spend more time with a paint brush in your hand than a cell phone.  Do you want to make art?  Do you want to be part of the art of other people?  What is going to get you there?   Selfies or a portfolio that indicates that you are serious and studious?

Did I understand the question?  (seriously asking.)

And Welcome to MM!   Please read the edu.  Check out the scam thread at the top of this page (little yellow tag)  Feel free to ask questions.  If you read some threads, you will learn a lot about working on MM.  Good luck.

Jun 20 17 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

RTE Photography

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Welcome to the Mayhem, best of luck.

Jun 20 17 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

DahliaVail wrote:
I have been asked before for selfies from photographers. Like current photos.

Every model should have so called Digital Polaroids (no makeup and untouched) in the port.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ … xample.jpg

Jun 21 17 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

Connor Photography wrote:

Every model should have so called Digital Polaroids (no makeup and untouched) in the port.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ … xample.jpg

excellent example of what prospective clients need to see.

Jun 21 17 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello & Welcome to MM. smile

Jun 27 17 01:07 am Link