Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > How to achieve this tone/atmosphere SI Style

Photographer

StephanL

Meaux, Île-de-France, France

Hi All,

I try to achieve this tone for my caribbean shoots.

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2017/ … cation.jpg

Who can help ? Which film style is it based on ?

Thanks a lot.

Apr 16 17 06:20 am Link

Photographer

Downtown Pro Photo

Crystal Lake, Illinois, US

that's pretty much the photographer knowing how to control their lighting while shooting to bring out the tonality.

Apr 17 17 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Tulack

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Output 100% depends on input. I don't really see your image.

Apr 17 17 07:18 pm Link

Retoucher

2thestudio - Ivan

Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia

Downtown Pro Photo wrote:
that's pretty much the photographer knowing how to control their lighting while shooting to bring out the tonality.

I agree.

Apr 17 17 10:08 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

StephanL wrote:
Hi All,

I try to achieve this tone for my caribbean shoots.

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/2017/ … cation.jpg

Who can help ? Which film style is it based on ?

It doesn't look like film at all. If you PM me a link to your raw file I can try to replicate the look for you.

Downtown Pro Photo wrote:

Raw data has no color, it's just numbers. The meaning of color is created in post during raw development and profile assigning. So you can't control tonality while shooting. The only thing you can (and should) control at shoot time (apart from composition and focus) is channel exposure. You cannot create these colors by using camera's firmware.

Tulack wrote:
Output 100% depends on input.

Output does depend on input but not 100%. Otherwise the process between input and output would contribute 0% to the result wink

Apr 18 17 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Tulack

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

anchev wrote:
Output does depend on input but not 100%. Otherwise the process between input and output would contribute 0% to the result wink

Disagree. He is asking "How to get to New York.", without stating where he is going from. Answer is impossible without knowing input.

You requested his RAW file yourself instead of just giving answer.

Apr 20 17 09:16 am Link

Retoucher

Tulack wrote:
Disagree. He is asking "How to get to New York.", without stating where he is going from. Answer is impossible without knowing input.

Perhaps you misunderstood. My previous reply means (translated in your words): just knowing that you are in Tokyo is not 100% of your trip to New York. It is rather the mandatory first 1% needed to start traveling.

BTW in case you haven't noticed I am the one who repeatedly underlines in various similar threads that without seeing the input it is impossible and incorrect to give direction. So I am not quite sure what you are disagreeing with.

Apr 20 17 10:39 am Link

Photographer

StephanL

Meaux, Île-de-France, France

and at the end.....

Apr 22 17 10:09 am Link

Retoucher

StephanL wrote:
and at the end.....

No input smile

Apr 22 17 10:51 am Link