Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > CurveMeister Photoshop Plugin Opinions?

Photographer

Retro Wks

Irvine, California, US

I was looking for a way to adjust curves in photoshop with a larger interface, and came across this plugin for photoshop.  It is much more than I was looking for, though looks interesting.  Has anyone used it?  Any thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Mar 28 17 09:00 am Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It is very interesting and can do a lot of things, sadly the author is not updating and the current version crashes a lot...

Mar 28 17 05:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Cole Bettelyoun

Martin, South Dakota, US

Love it, I'm still running CC2014 and it runs fine.

Mar 28 17 07:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

I tried it a long time ago but working with LUTs is more powerful than anything else, so it is useless for me.

Mar 29 17 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Retro Wks

Irvine, California, US

Thanks folks,
you have helped me decide.

Mar 29 17 09:38 pm Link

Retoucher

findart

Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Tried but can not make it show. For me its best point is to use LAB mode convieniently .

May 26 17 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

EDMONAM

Los Angeles, California, US

use 3D Lut Creator (google it) that's the ultimate curves tool

May 27 17 12:41 am Link

Photographer

EDMONAM

Los Angeles, California, US

Here is the link:)

https://3dlutcreator.com

May 27 17 12:42 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

EDMONAM wrote:
Here is the link:)

https://3dlutcreator.com

I watched their introduction video and it looks pretty amazing.  But, I was getting confused with the web-looking tool.  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyYjsYUrww

May 31 17 10:28 pm Link

Retoucher

Black Z Eddie wrote:
But, I was getting confused with the web-looking tool.  lol

Which tool do you mean?

Jun 01 17 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

anchev wrote:
Which tool do you mean?

This part.  I'm not understanding on their demo.  They move so fast.

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s136/BlackZEddie/Untitled_1.jpg

Jun 01 17 07:54 am Link

Retoucher

Black Z Eddie wrote:
This part.  I'm not understanding on their demo.  They move so fast.

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s136/BlackZEddie/Untitled_1.jpg

This is the A/B grid. It allows you to manipulate individual points from a slice of the color space. For example you can pick directly a red color and make it yellow by dragging it on the grid.

You can watch some of the other videos to see how each tool works.

Jun 01 17 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

Think I'll have a look at LUTs myself. I'm a fan of Mr A's Cyan lut he kindly shared a few months back.

Jun 06 17 05:46 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

From what I can make out LUTs tend to be used on a per image bases, but is there anywhere to find generic LUTs?

Jun 06 17 05:48 am Link

Retoucher

Darren Brade wrote:
From what I can make out LUTs tend to be used on a per image bases, but is there anywhere to find generic LUTs?

What do you mean by generic? A LUT always works the same way: it takes a certain color and moves it in the 3D colors space.

Please bear in mind that if your input varies, the result may be inconsistent. That's why as you may have seen me say on other occasions: input matters. To make and use a universal preset, it is important to start from a profiled input and apply it on a profiled working file. Profile in the sense - using a color target. But even then it is often necessary to fine tune perceptual differences. Example: some people have more red skin, others more pale or yellow and if you are looking for consistency between your shoots, you will need to make some changes (or use an intermediary LUT).

Jun 06 17 07:32 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

anchev wrote:

What do you mean by generic? A LUT always works the same way: it takes a certain color and moves it in the 3D colors space.

Please bear in mind that if your input varies, the result may be inconsistent. That's why as you may have seen me say on other occasions: input matters. To make and use a universal preset, it is important to start from a profiled input and apply it on a profiled working file. Profile in the sense - using a color target. But even then it is often necessary to fine tune perceptual differences. Example: some people have more red skin, others more pale or yellow and if you are looking for consistency between your shoots, you will need to make some changes (or use an intermediary LUT).

Thanks. I still have a lot to learn.

Jun 06 17 02:41 pm Link