Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I switched my schedule to work 2nd/mid shift this week. I am the team lead for my group, and would normally be expected to work a day schedule, but I made a 'huge' sacrifice to move my hours to cover an expected long-term staffing gap on my team.

I'm loving it. I have to need of an alarm clock, have time in the morning to do things around the house, I rarely see my myriad bosses, and don't have to deal with traffic. And my co-workers and overlords think I 'took one for the team'.

Mar 24 17 06:44 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

For the most part, I hate working nights, but getting to sleep until you naturally wake up is amazing.

Mar 25 17 04:00 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I used to work nights but went back to days as soon as I could.

Apr 06 17 08:59 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

What I really enjoyed about working nights (before I became the catlady with my crocheting and 9:30 bedtime), was the nice, quiet morning shopping.

You slip into some pants (or not) sometime after nine, and head out for errands and groceries, where only a very, very few moms with their youngish brood might interfere with an otherwise perfectly good shopping experience, and those can always be punished by looking at the tiny tots while you place, say 5 donuts into a bag in front of their massive, incredulous, hungry eyes, all the while singing "I'm going to eat all of these, all at once, I will definitely eat them before supper, and I don't have to ask anyone.. tralalala... "

Jun 03 17 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Frozen Moments

San Antonio, Texas, US

I worked nights for ten years, and hated it. No matter how much sleep I got during the day I was always tired. The only time I felt good during that time was when I went on vacation, and slept at night.
I will admit there were some pros to working nights, but the big con for me was I never felt good.

Jun 10 17 07:37 pm Link