Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > My tips - How to level up your retouching.

Retoucher

Sergretouch

New York, New York, US

Hi to all. I wrote post in my blog How to level up retouching. It's about some useful techniques to level up your photo retouching skills. What you need to do for be a great retoucher!
I will be glad to feedback.
How do you improve your retouching skills? Youtube tutorials, a lot of practise, or something else?

Mar 11 17 12:34 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I enjoyed your blog and looked at your website--a car campaign, which is pretty snazzy. I have retouched for a few things but my retouching approach is built around beauty and, of course, since I am the shooter, what I start with is very different from what you start with in your before and afters. So, I have less work. Makeup is my friend. In commercial work I am often showing images to the client right there on set so I need a really great photo to excite them. Until 2014 I was almost a pure lightroom devotee. Photoshop gives more options. I hope those who have more intense interest in retouching and, in retouching as a profession,  have a look at your blog and website.

Mar 11 17 09:20 am Link

Retoucher

Lili Fey

Homjel', Homjel', Belarus

Thank you for sharing!
It's very useful, especially for such newbie as me wink

Mar 18 17 03:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Sergretouch wrote:
Hi to all. I wrote post in my blog How to level up retouching. It's about some useful techniques to level up your photo retouching skills. What you need to do for be a great retoucher!
I will be glad to feedback.
How do you improve your retouching skills? Youtube tutorials, a lot of practise, or something else?

I don't want to be great, so I do nothing about it.

Mar 18 17 04:41 pm Link

Retoucher

Tia Jones Retoucher

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Excellent point about copying someone's retouch. It reminds me of the advice one of my animation professors gave me when I asked how to get good at drawing, and he said copy solid drawings. I see this is probably the same case for retouching or any creative medium Thank you for this advice. I would like to share this post in a blog post of mine at some point if that's okay? smile

Mar 24 17 03:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Sergretouch

New York, New York, US

Tia Jones Retoucher wrote:
Excellent point about copying someone's retouch. It reminds me of the advice one of my animation professors gave me when I asked how to get good at drawing, and he said copy solid drawings. I see this is probably the same case for retouching or any creative medium Thank you for this advice. I would like to share this post in a blog post of mine at some point if that's okay? smile

Yes, you can share this if you want.
About copying something - it's really works! And doesn't matter it's retouching, photography, painting or something else. :-)

Apr 01 17 11:01 am Link

Retoucher

Selena Jain

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

The post is looking really helpful for the retouchers specially for those who has just started of doing retouching in Photoshop.

Apr 07 17 03:08 am Link