Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Portfolio image gallery categories

Retoucher

Alyssa June Retouch

Howell, New Jersey, US

I am trying to get organized with all of the images I want to put into my portfolio and deciding which categories/pages to have.

Can someone explain to me what editorial images should be?  Could those be 'Look Book' style images?

If you're a retoucher what categories do you use for your portfolio? I know this can be different for everyone depending on what kind of retouching you do, but I just want to get some ideas and see how other people set up their portfolios.

Thanks in advance!

Feb 08 17 04:46 pm Link

Retoucher

FKW

Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

normaly retoucher using katagori beauty,body,comersial,personal potrait and fashion.editorial more like magazin term.cover,editorial. and for potografer editorial meand that it catagorize for editorial project that they did
IMO

Feb 08 17 06:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Keep it short. Nobody will look at more than 20-30 images and for that you don't really need categories.

Feb 09 17 12:03 am Link

Retoucher

Alyssa June Retouch

Howell, New Jersey, US

anchev wrote:
Keep it short. Nobody will look at more than 20-30 images and for that you don't really need categories.

I agree but also want it somewhat organized so its easy for a person to see exactly what they want to see.

Feb 09 17 12:55 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Alyssa June Retouch wrote:
I agree but also want it somewhat organized so its easy for a person to see exactly what they want to see.

Remember that category = 1 more click in site navigation. If they don't click (and in most cases they won't), they won't see what is inside. A professional who understands what he sees and who would probably be interested to hire you will evaluate the quality of your work, not its hierarchical organization, so make it straightforward.

Feb 09 17 01:59 pm Link

Retoucher

Alyssa June Retouch

Howell, New Jersey, US

anchev wrote:

Remember that category = 1 more click in site navigation. If they don't click (and in most cases they won't), they won't see what is inside. A professional who understands what he sees and who would probably be interested to hire you will evaluate the quality of your work, not its hierarchical organization, so make it straightforward.

I agree - less is more

Feb 12 17 05:08 pm Link