Forums > General Industry > why take my picture and never speak to me again

Model

JERALYN

Pomona, California, US

im sad.....i did a photoshoot 6 months ago with a photographer and he has just droped off the face of the earth....he wont even call me to let me know what happend!....i know he's alive cuz he's still on here...any thoughts??? I just wanna know what happend....if he lost the photos ...he could have at least called and told me....i was soooo excited to see the pictures

Dec 06 06 06:41 pm Link

Model

JERALYN

Pomona, California, US

JERALYN wrote:
im sad.....i did a photoshoot 6 months ago with a photographer and he has just droped off the face of the earth....he wont even call me to let me know what happend!....i know he's alive cuz he's still on here...any thoughts??? I just wanna know what happend....if he lost the photos ...he could have at least called and told me....i was soooo excited to see the pictures

Dec 06 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

did he pay you or do a tfp, contract stuff  and follow up with the transaction?

Dec 06 06 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

He used you for a shoot....it happens all the time on here by GWC's. I would keep contacting him. why let him rest....email him once a day asking to see your photos.....that's what I would do. I understand if he is running behind and he explains it to you....but ignoring you is just uncalled for....let him have it....lol

Dec 06 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

lmao..gawd.were the pics THAT bad??

Dec 06 06 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

JERALYN wrote:

Sorry you are bummed about this photographer ... 6 months is a long time! If it makes you feel any better, I've had it happen to me with a model on occasion.  If you are in this business, then you are bound to meet many people. So there will be a few who might just "drop off the face of the Earth" for whatever reason.  I know it's hard, but try not to take it personally. 

My own personality is such that I tend to communicate more than I need to, and would not avoid speaking with anyone!   There is no doubt that you would hear from me!  In fact, it could be 6 days after a shoot, or even 6 hours!  But NOT 6 months!  But then I love to shoot pictures, talk, write .. then talk, write and shoot more pictures!   Umm notice how often I've posted here!  LOL  Not every photographer is like that.  So just be yourself, because you did nothing wrong.  Just move on to the next project!  wink

Best wishes!

Dec 06 06 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I just took a  look at your portfolio Jeralyn. If this guy took pictures of you and they are so bad he won't show them then he is a damn fool! You're beautiful and talented and I hope you visit the East Coast soon!

Dec 06 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

He could be dead.
It happens, ya know...

Dec 06 06 09:36 pm Link

Photographer

MadRussian

New York, New York, US

Move to the east coast.  We are GWC-free!

wink

Dec 07 06 01:41 am Link

Photographer

Len Cook Photographer

Fremont, California, US

I have said (jokingly) to several beautiful models that they present me with a thorny problem -- if I don't come back with terrific pictures of such a lovely girl, EVERYONE will know whose fault it is.

But there is a grain of truth in my joke -- Photogs who produce crap on a given assignment are sometimes too ashamed to confront the results in a responsible way.

Dec 07 06 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Did you say hey, lets shoot again?

Dec 07 06 01:51 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Check the last activity date on his profile.  If it's recent, yeah, like someone else here said, start messaging him A LOT.  If he's blocked you here, send him email, too.  If you have his phone number, call him.  Do it until he either lets you know what's going on or ponies up some images.

Much longer than 6 months and the images will be useless to you probably anyway...

Dec 08 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

Shoot more pictures and make them hotter.

Dec 08 06 04:43 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

megafunk wrote:
Shoot more pictures and make them hotter.

I like this philosophy

Dec 08 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

D Magi Visual Concepts

If he's still active here on MM, send him tags requesting your photos or explanation.  That way, he will respond or run the risk of others seeing that he doesn't return images.

Dec 08 06 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Focus

Glendale, Arizona, US

JERALYN wrote:

Forget about him.  He probably didn't even have a card (or film) in his camera.

I'll work with you anytime and guarantee you'll have a CD within 5 business days.

Dec 08 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Czenkephoto

London, Ontario, Canada

I wouldn't lose sleep over it. Just had look at some of the photos in your PF and I am very impressed with your beauty, however some images are OOF and/or blown + motion blurred. Re-shoot with another photog and never look back!

John

Dec 08 06 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

photosbydmp

Shepparton-Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia

happens to photographers as well, deliver the photos ,hasta la vista baby it is.

Dec 08 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

D Magi Visual Concepts

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:
happens to photographers as well, deliver the photos ,hasta la vista baby it is.

Now that's true.

Dec 08 06 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Doug Mackay    DMP wrote:

Yes, it is.  You can even lose your muse(s). sad

Dec 08 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

- Jake -

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

or in my case i make a disc and coordinating the transfer of the disc never occurs. guess theres no harm to me there as long as the person whom the disc is for isnt out there talking trash about why they dont have the disc yet.

Dec 08 06 09:15 pm Link