Forums > General Industry > Seeking valid input from you guys...

Model

k r i s t e n

Los Angeles, California, US

This is in no offense to any one out here on the good old 'net... but it is just that.. The Internet - a place where people and things aren't always what they seem. I was offered a job with travel compensation, but with no guarantees as it is not an agency job. Looking for valid input..
Thanks!!

I was sent the following message:

"Hi, I came across your page through browsing around.

I am looking for female models for the up coming fashion shoot in Key West, FL for Key West Magazine (Keywestmagazine.com) for the March issue, and I simply think you'll be perfect for the island look.

The compensation would be that we'll fly you down, provide you a room in Key West, and transportations along with tearsheets. We are looking to shoot from the 15th - 17th.

Please let me know if this is something that interests you. Thank you.

Tuan
bytuan.com"

Dec 06 06 06:13 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

he put out a casting call too.

EDIT: p.s. input on what? what's the question?

Dec 06 06 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

His work in nice.  What type of imput were you looking for?

Dec 06 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

contact key west magazine to verify. the whole thing smells. there are not less than 1 million models in miami. mentioning gaurantte tearsheet and half a million will respond and do it for free. why pay nationwide ticket when you can get something for free?

Key West Magazine is published monthly from October to May and bimonthly from June to September by The Florida Keys Publishing Company.

send correspondence to:
Key West Magazine
605 United St., Suite No. 2
Key West, Florida 33040

phone: (305) 295-9804
fax: (305) 295-9806

advertising sales:
Susan Kochan, sales manager (305) 304-0746
[email protected]
Paulette Rezendes (305) 240-1462
[email protected]

Dec 06 06 06:30 pm Link

Model

k r i s t e n

Let me verify my opinion exactly. I've lived in Miami - models are a dime a dozen. If not looking to pay a model, why bother paying for travel and accomodations? Why not hire a Florida based model who can easily travel without pay? It is not an agency job and it is a half way across the country flight for me...

Most importantly, it is the internet.

Like I had stated, this is not a slam on anyone - especially the photographer himself - just looking for some insight.

Thanks for your opinions!

Cheers,
Kristen

Dec 06 06 06:34 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

breaking6strings wrote:
Let me verify my opinion exactly. I've lived in Miami - models are a dime a dozen. If not looking to pay a model, why bother paying for travel and accomodations? Why not hire a Florida based model who can easily travel without pay? It is not an agency job and it is a half way across the country flight for me...

Like I had stated, this is not a slam on anyone - especially the photographer himself - just looking for some insight.

Cheers,
Kristen

then you should take down the link to his port.

Dec 06 06 06:36 pm Link

Model

Elizabeth Susann

Sacramento, California, US

I am confused as well.... not exactly sure what is wrong with this message.  I think this photog looks very talented and its basically just up to you whether you feel like traveling is worth it.  I think it would be, but its all up to you if you think it will be a good experience/exposure for you.   Good luck!

Dec 06 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

breaking6strings wrote:

Cheers,
Kristen

Perhaps it is a scam in which case you can certainly google around enough to find out but maybe you underestimate your appeal.

Dec 06 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

k r i s t e n

Link taken down.

Although, I don't feel that it is offensive for a model to inquire about an internet job offering... If the job and the photographer are legit, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Again, I am not downplaying anyone's calliber of work or even stating my opinion of it - but just because someone can take a picture and photoshop well (in GENERAL) does not really label it as safe.

Dec 06 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

does any one actually read my reply? ;D

Dec 06 06 06:50 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

breaking6strings wrote:
Link taken down.

Although, I don't feel that it is offensive for a model to inquire about an internet job offering... If the job and the photographer are legit, it wouldn't be a big deal.

Again, I am not downplaying anyone's calliber of work or even stating my opinion of it - but just because someone can take a picture and photoshop well (in GENERAL) does not really label it as safe.

too late, Leo posted all his info

Dec 06 06 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Jessalyn wrote:

too late, Leo posted all his info

now, keywest magazine is a public domain that has nothing to do with the photog. i found the link from google. smile

hi jess. how's the snow in kansas?

Dec 06 06 06:57 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

Leo Chan wrote:

now, keywest magazine is a public domain that has nothing to do with the photog. i found the link from google. smile

hi jess. how's the snow in kansas?

we gots no snow where I live! sad

Dec 06 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

Jessalyn wrote:

we gots no snow where I live! sad

really? missouri got it really bad, from what i saw in tv. . . sorry for hijacking. smile

Dec 06 06 06:59 pm Link

Model

k r i s t e n

Leo -

I did e-mail the mag as soon as you posted that. Thank you.

Dec 06 06 07:03 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Good morning, breaking6strings!  What did Tuan say when you asked him?

Truly, Kathy Jean

breaking6strings wrote:
This is in no offense to any one out here on the good old 'net... but it is just that.. The Internet - a place where people and things aren't always what they seem. I was offered a job with travel compensation, but with no guarantees as it is not an agency job. Looking for valid input..
Thanks!!

I was sent the following message:

"Hi, I came across your page through browsing around.

I am looking for female models for the up coming fashion shoot in Key West, FL for Key West Magazine (Keywestmagazine.com) for the March issue, and I simply think you'll be perfect for the island look.

The compensation would be that we'll fly you down, provide you a room in Key West, and transportations along with tearsheets. We are looking to shoot from the 15th - 17th.

Please let me know if this is something that interests you. Thank you.

Tuan
bytuan.com"

Dec 07 06 07:07 am Link