Forums > General Industry > beware fraud-did u get this email re: nigerian

Photographer

Charlotte Kibbles

London, England, United Kingdom

sound like fraud to me - what does everyone else thinK?

Hello Dear,

We at 'Tiffany Amber'  are pleased to introduce you to yet another edition of our beauty /fashion show tagged 'COLD FASHION,THE NEW FUSION' .We go around Africa/world yearly to recruit talented people like yourself because we believe in the saying that 'variety is the spice of life' ,Hence,we believe that when we have people from diverse backgrounds and diverse cultures which arises from different nationalities and different trainings in your specific field,it brings about more glamour and glitz to our shows.

The concept of our show is to bring a lot of talents from around the world.There will be loads of designers like Dolce&Gabanna,Tommy Hilfiger,Salvatore Ferragamo,TM Lewin&sons,Prada,Gucci,Ralph Lauren and a whole lot of others and you will work with them to make this show a success.

This show is gonna be holding in LONDON for 3 days btw JAN 8th and JAN 11TH.We are at the moment recruiting models,dancers,photographers,wardrobe stylists,beauticians,videographers,ushers,actors/actresses,etc.

All accomodation,flight and insurance will be handled by us for your full comfort.Moreso,you will be paid upfront.We will send the sum of £500 for now and you will receive the balance sum of £500 after the show.

You will be required to fill the form attached below and also send us a couple of your work for a brief review.Once that has been assessed,you will receive an email confirming your employment and also notifying you as to when you will your first instamental payment.

So far so good,you are qualified for our position and hence we have decided to contact you and let you know that it will be a honour for us if you work with us.

You will be required to fill this employment form and return back to us asap to confirm your employment.

EMPLOYMENT FORM
Please, you are to fill out this form accurately with correct information and/or
attach any form of your identification to this form before submission.

FIRST NAME:                         MIDDLE NAME:                       LAST NAME:

ADDRESS:

CITY:           

STATE:

ZIP CODE:                             COUNTRY:

HOME
PHONE:                      OFFICE PHONE:                      MOBILE:

CURRENT JOB:

WORKING EXPERIENCE/SPECILISATION:

ATTESTATION
I
___________________________________hereby accept the job as a
representative/employee of the above mentioned company here in the United
Kingdom, I shall also inform the company a week
ahead if eventually l want to discontinue this job, so as to terminate
all payments coming my way to avoid conflict.
Signed by me.
Your faithfully,
===================================================

Its real and legit and we have our own way of verifing  information given to
us to ascertain if its genuine or otherwise.We also have security agents working with us in collaboration with the FBI,Scotland Yard and INTERPOL just in case you turn out to be a cheat.Your email was gotten viamodel mayhem website.

To learn more about Tiffany Amber,kindly visit these links below:

http://www.capetownfashionweek.co.za/designers.asp
http://www.ifashion.co.za/gallery.php?g … ber_ctfw06

YOURS FAITHFULLY,
BRANDON SMITH,
RECRUITMENT DIRECTOR,
TIFFANY AMBER FASHION
HOUSE LIMITED,
12,ILOJO CRESENT
VICTORIA ISLAND,
LAGOS, NIGERIA.
+234-80-244-38532
+234-1-4765962

Dec 06 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Are you serious?

Dec 06 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

hmm

Dec 06 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Since no one else ever takes these seriously, I am now the official photographer for the  Federal Republic of Nigeria.  It turns out they really did need a photographer!  Lagos will now be taking the fashion world by storm. tongue

New York - Paris - Milan - Lagos

Dec 06 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

I feel sorry for legitimate Nigerian business people, who are the worst victims of these scams.

If that nation knows what's good for, it will deal with the enemy within.

Dec 06 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

When "the enemy within" is the second largest industry in the country, it tends not to be bothered much.

Dec 06 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

This has been around awhile.

Dec 06 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Yes it's a scam. If it mentions Nigeria in the address or anyplace in the text, it's a scam. The Nigerian government not only fails to cooperate with US and other worldwide law enforcement, they consider these scams to be a legitimate and valued way of bring cash into Nigeria.  If you need further validation for this opinion, look up your local Postal Inspector's office an give them a call.

Dec 06 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

andrew browning

Danvers, Massachusetts, US

Yeah, unless you ahh...like have...relatives or a friend in nigeria, all this stuff goes in the trash....

Dec 06 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

Deadlynightshade

Los Angeles, California, US

I got this email too. All I gotta say is... if they are "professionals" then why do they have so many typos and grammar errors?

Dec 06 06 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

I've seen so many of these come into my inbox...and they go right into the trash. Most of these people use yahoo mail as and address, because it's not so easy to trace them that way (so I've heard). Anyhow, just keep the old saying in mind: "If it sounds too good to be true, then it is."

Dec 07 06 05:41 am Link

Model

TheStitchWitch

Needville, Texas, US

Just got the same email today but they changed it to David Vaughan from Dakova Fashions. Even referenced getting the email address from model mayhem (its in my styulist profile) Whee! I'm part of the club too!

Dec 08 06 08:26 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Millich

Carmel, Indiana, US

rp_photo wrote:
I feel sorry for legitimate Nigerian business people, who are the worst victims of these scams.

If that nation knows what's good for, it will deal with the enemy within.

Wait...there are legitimate businesses in Nigeria???

Dec 08 06 08:31 am Link