Forums > General Industry > You know you're a SUPERMODEL when . . .

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

you lose a shoe on the runway, and KEEP IT MOVIN! 

If you were watching the VS show last night, you'd've seen Karolina Kurkova keep her foot arched as if she still had the heel on!!!

Dec 06 06 12:35 pm Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

I saw it.
I gasped.

I'm still in awe.

Dec 06 06 12:36 pm Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Lelah G wrote:

If you were watching the VS show last night, you'd've seen Karolina Kurkova keep her foot arched as if she still had the heel on!!!

Kudos to her!

Dec 06 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Rania

Montclair, New Jersey, US

Lelah G wrote:

i wish i saw that part!!

Dec 06 06 12:38 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

rania wrote:
i wish i saw that part!!

Oh my when I saw it, I gasped!!  That was just amazing.  My friend and I were texting back & forth about it while the show was on.  And just to think, I work NEXT DOOR to the Kodak Theatre:  ALL OF THAT WAS GOING ON WHILE I WAS ON THE CLOCK!! LOL!!!!

tongue

Dec 06 06 01:01 pm Link

Model

sweet_texan

Mesquite, Texas, US

That was awesome how she did that without missing a beat.

Dec 06 06 01:10 pm Link

Model

Null0000000

Abbeville, Alabama, US

Lelah G wrote:

weird, that same thing happened in last year's show to some other non-angel model.  walked like it was still on. i should practice.

Dec 06 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

It was very impressive. It almost makes you wonder if it's done with a degree of purpose. Of all the highlights of the show she is the talk of the town lol.

Dec 06 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Rachelle Anita wrote:

weird, that same thing happened in last year's show to some other non-angel model.  walked like it was still on. i should practice.

The only outrageous thing I've endured was squeezing my size 11 into a damn 8 1/2 shoe!!!  Lol, but it worked out.  Hurt like hell though, but I was a souljah.  But man, they should replay that on the news (if it hasn't been already).  There should be an MM clip somewhere on here, I know it's on AOL news.

Dec 06 06 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Winn Photography

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Now this is a model who never flaked on a photographer.

Dec 06 06 02:32 pm Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
It was very impressive. It almost makes you wonder if it's done with a degree of purpose. Of all the highlights of the show she is the talk of the town lol.

I agree and I posted in the other thread about the show a little bit ago that I'm starting to wonder if they do it on purpose, seeing as how it happens to a model every year. lol

Dec 06 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

I saw that part. I thought it was so cool. She was having a problem with the shoe before she went on and as she walked out you could see it flapping around...and then she just got rid of it and kept on going! It was awesome. I was impressed.

Dec 06 06 02:40 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Laessoe

Fredensborg, Hovedstaden, Denmark

Again this year? Natasha lost her shoe at last year show.

Dec 06 06 03:57 pm Link

Model

jade83

Columbia, Missouri, US

I might be able to do that, I'm a ballet dancer and fairly used to moving and balancing on the ball of my foot.

Dec 06 06 08:48 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

You know you're a SUPERMODEL when..........you eat gum (sugarfree) for lunch and still think your fat.

Dec 06 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lelah G wrote:

that is why she's one of my fave models:)

Dec 06 06 09:01 pm Link

Model

Guy Daniels

New York, New York, US

lol. I was so mad at the person who told her, ITS STILL ON, and when she walked out, i saw it was undone....but i was hype when she kept walking like nothing happened....what a model

Dec 06 06 09:01 pm Link

Model

Lelah G

Thomas B wrote:
You know you're a SUPERMODEL when..........you eat gum (sugarfree) for lunch and still think your fat.

Lol, I chew gum to kill the food breath from a HEARTY lunch.  I guess I'm the total opposite cause I'll stuff my face in a minute! 

(thank goodness for high metabolism . . . )

Dec 06 06 11:48 pm Link

Model

Memi Haute

Lelah G wrote:

Lol, I chew gum to kill the food breath from a HEARTY lunch.  I guess I'm the total opposite cause I'll stuff my face in a minute! 

(thank goodness for high metabolism . . . )

Me too. I'm eating ALL the time. I love food. I just finished some chocolate marble loaf cake. Yum! Yum!

Dec 07 06 12:49 am Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You know you're a SUPERMODEL when..........

You can throw a cellphone at an assistant time after time...and get nothing but a slap on the wrist.

Dec 07 06 01:25 am Link

Model

Lelah G

Gina McNeil wrote:

Me too. I'm eating ALL the time. I love food. I just finished some chocolate marble loaf cake. Yum! Yum!

LOL!!!  I just finished some fries and Sunkist soda!

Dec 07 06 01:27 am Link

Model

Lelah G

Image K wrote:
You know you're a SUPERMODEL when..........

You can throw a cellphone at an assistant time after time...and get nothing but a slap on the wrist.

LMAO!!  I still can't believe Naomi got nothing done. 

I got another one:  you know you're a SUPERMODEL when . . . you get busted for snortin cocaine, and still retain a Tommy Hilfiger contract, just to name ONE.

Dec 07 06 01:28 am Link

Model

if_u_only_knew

Alexander, Arkansas, US

Lelah G wrote:

All the TRUE pros know, don't stop the show no matter what. whether it be a nip slip, a broke shoe, a slip-n-fall, anti-fur NUTZOs, being hit by rock, a case of gas-o-rama, a naked squirell, pigs in a blanket, monkey on the roof, it doesn't matter, tHE SHOW MUST GO ON>>>>>>>>

Dec 07 06 01:33 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

brown_sugar24 wrote:

All the TRUE pros know, don't stop the show no matter what. whether it be a nip slip, a broke shoe, a slip-n-fall, anti-fur NUTZOs, being hit by rock, a case of gas-o-rama, a naked squirell, pigs in a blanket, monkey on the roof, it doesn't matter, tHE SHOW MUST GO ON>>>>>>>>

yup.  the shoe problem actually happens once in a while... you're supposed to keep going, whether or not you are a supermodel.

Dec 07 06 03:05 am Link

Model

RDawkins

Breckenridge, Colorado, US

It's really not that difficult. I've done it.

Dec 07 06 09:31 am Link

Model

Nic B

New York, New York, US

Not to sound like a bitter short, flat-chested girl who is coming to hate lingerie-- how hard is it to make a bra in 32A, it's a valid size?!?!? -- but... so what?

Haven't you ever only been only able to find one heel when getting dressed? It's not rocket science to arch your foot and walk on your toes on the naked foot while looking for the missing shoe. And she gets paid a bajillion dollars to walk: the LEAST she can do is not fuck up the whole show by bending over for a lost heel.

Just sayin'...

Dec 07 06 10:13 am Link

Model

Lelah G

Kim Nicole wrote:
Not to sound like a bitter short, flat-chested girl who is coming to hate lingerie-- how hard is it to make a bra in 32A, it's a valid size?!?!? -- but... so what?

Haven't you ever only been only able to find one heel when getting dressed? It's not rocket science to arch your foot and walk on your toes on the naked foot while looking for the missing shoe. And she gets paid a bajillion dollars to walk: the LEAST she can do is not fuck up the whole show by bending over for a lost heel.

Just sayin'...

Yeah, you do sound bitter.  And you can find lots of 32A's at Victoria's Secret.  I used to work there so I've seen them come in lots of styles.  You think it's hard for you, I have trouble finding a good 34D bra.  Ah well . . .

Actually, I've never seen the shoe thing happen, and it's not happened to me yet, so I'm commending her for what I saw.  I'm no TRUE PRO as another poster mentioned, and I don't get paid millions of dollars, so something like that is intriguing. 

It's just a forum thread ladies.

Dec 08 06 01:41 pm Link