Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > unretouched raw image

Retoucher

Light retoucher

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi all, I am looking for good quality high resolution raw unretouched beauty and fashion images which I can use in a tutorial and in a retouching book. so the images will also be given to people who buy the book or tutorial. I need one beauty image and 2 fashion images preferably of an expressive young female model.

Where do you think I can find such images?

Please let me know if you have solutions.

Thank you!

Nov 01 16 04:57 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

After 1 minute Google search I found this:

http://retouchbox.com/index.php?svector=1

You may contact them to double check if their license terms suit your needs.

Another option is to reach out to photographers who may be interested to give you a license for what you want.

Nov 01 16 05:41 am Link

Photographer

TMA Photo and Training

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

There are hundreds and hundreds of full resolution RAW images here  at Mayhem that can be used for retouching practice. 

But you have a special project in mind that is commercial in nature...and that will require some extra steps on your part with the posters of images here.  The extra effort you need to do to meet your special needs would be to contact each poster/photographer that you are interested in... and negotiating a Commercial Payment to license the image you would like to use for your special project. 

Many photographers here at Mayhem say "No Commercial Use"...but IF you offer them $20-30 USD in a "Private Off-Line Message"...some will privately license their copyright for your limited commercial use.  Explain to them in your initial e-mail...what you intend to do and the use and scope of your project. 

There are about 20 photographers in the forum below... who might be thrilled to finally get paid for some of their own beauty photography.  It would be very NEW to some of them possibly...but give it a try!  Take the risk and see what you can work out.   I have done this before...and keeping it private helps the photographer to understand and be in a better more cooperative mood.    If you try to make a posting in the forum itself... asking for commercial use...you will probably get quickly denied is my experience.   But asking the individual copyright owner privately... asking if you might be able to buy several of their images for a small scale commercial project like yours...giving them attribution if they want... often gets a Yes answer. 

You would want a model release and a photographers release... or...  some photographers releases allow them to sell the models image and likeness written permission to others that they choose to.  Be sure you have a written release on the model and photographer so they dont change their mind later and ask you to take down their images...or stop selling your DVD's.  Thats the commercial permissions you need to secure.

Cheers

Heres the link:  https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/thread/76

Nov 01 16 08:43 am Link

Retoucher

Pritty

New York, New York, US

Thanks for the suggestions, helped me a bunch too

Nov 02 16 01:34 am Link

Retoucher

Light retoucher

Thank you for replying, I think contacting photographers personally is a good idea.

Nov 03 16 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

Best option is to contact the photographers directly and buy a license. You will be distributing them commercially so just lifting them without asking could be costly.

Not to mention, if they are agency models in the photos, you may need to license from the agency too.

You may be better off hiring someone to produce the images you need.

Nov 04 16 06:14 pm Link