Forums > General Industry > i am thinking of a contest of sorts !!!!

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

Forgive me because I am thinking out loud...but I had a great idea last night..

Here it is:

What if we choose 1 piece of clothing from a Designer on MM and register to all shoot it...I mean there are dolls and Teddy Bears that float around the U.S. to be photographed with different people and then you pass it on to the next.   I think it would be fun to see the different styles and ideas of how to shoot the same article of clothing.   So Photogs..  MUA's and Models would get credit if they win in the end....

Obviously we would have to limit the number of entries and the person that wants it shipped to them must arrange that too...but what do you think?  I know there are technical things to deal with like how do we vote but I think it can all be worked out.   Even if there is no prize it could just be fun to see and besides it may turn into something really positive that brings us together instead of the usual negativity that we find in a lot of threads.

So if your interested please send me an email and also post here..

We will need a designer,  any suggestions or volunteers? 

If you are interested I will set up another MM acct. if they will let me where we can vote on the entries....

What's up Beautiful People!!! make some noise and hit me up!!!

-troy

Dec 06 06 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

come on ...READ ME!!!!!   if you think its dumb let me know!!!

Dec 06 06 10:43 am Link

Hair Stylist

SereneDream

Seattle, Washington, US

So a 'Sisterhood Of The Traveling Pants' deal?

But more like say 'The Brethren Of the Traveling Piece of Lingerie'?

I guess that could work.(not that I have any intention of participating) But Uh, make sure that thing (whatever it may end up being) gets washed after each use

Dec 06 06 10:48 am Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

I love contests. but rather than the same clothing. set requirements/limitations, no mess with sending stuff around.

Maybe Tyler would be interested in conducting more contests like these? maybe not?

Dec 06 06 10:49 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

Stacy wrote:
I love contests. but rather than the same clothing. set requirements/limitations, no mess with sending stuff around.

Maybe Tyler would be interested in conducting more contests like these? maybe not?

okay so maybe we pick a peice of clothing online that ppl could purchase...  The item could be a purse or umbrella...it can be whatever!   but just trying to keep thing interesting...in a positive way..LOL

thanks for your feedback!

Dec 06 06 10:52 am Link

Photographer

Ex Voto Studio

Columbia, Maryland, US

anybody else????

Dec 06 06 10:53 am Link

Model

Natural Wonder

Chicago, Illinois, US

I think it's a wonderful idea...

Dec 06 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

3rd Floor Photography

Tucson, Arizona, US

Would it get too complicating to be able to coordinate addresses and order in which they will be recieving it and blah blah blah?

Don't get me wrong, I think it's an awesome idea. I just wonder if it's a good idea of just posting a specific product (like a link to it at a store or something) and those that want to participate will go out and get it (instead of worrying about shipping and handling, etc) and then given whatever guidelines the contests have, start shooting and comparing from there?

Just an idea...feel free to lynch me if you don't like it lol.

Dec 06 06 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Im in.
Sounds like fun.

Dec 06 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

Bryanna Nova

Milford, New Jersey, US

Sounds like a great idea.. a chance to see how different models, photographers and MUA's from all over the world use the identical piece of clothing.

We're in ;o)

Dec 06 06 03:02 pm Link

Model

Aaron Wright

Brooklyn, New York, US

Seems like a good idea to me, I do agree with determining the item so everyone can just go out an buy if for themselves.. and to the OP if it does happen maybe I can be a part of your shoot

Dec 06 06 05:04 pm Link

Model

Meagan Colf

Seligman, Missouri, US

Sounds like fun to me!

Dec 06 06 11:36 pm Link