Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop tool question.

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Usually when using a tool like dodge or burn or clone, I have a circle that I can adjust size with the wheel on my tablet or using the brackets keys to make the circle larger or smaller.

Today, when clicking any of these tools I have a crosshair. Turning the wheel on the tablet changes the size number in the tool bar, but I just have a crosshair to work with and can't find the circles that used to come up.

Any idea of what I might have hit/changed to make this result?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Oct 21 16 06:15 pm Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

Edit, Preferences, Cursors

Oct 21 16 06:22 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

DespayreFX wrote:
Edit, Preferences, Cursors

Fixed, thanks very much.

Oct 21 16 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

TMA Photo and Training

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

Sometimes,  when I inadvertently have the  "Caps Lock"  key pressed on the left side of my keyboard... I loose the circle and the actual diameter of my brush size and softness...and I will get  "just the cross-hairs" symbol on my brush... with no indication of brush diameter.  Turn off Caps Lock...and the brush diameter comes back again.

Oct 21 16 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

TMA Photo and Training wrote:
Sometimes,  when I inadvertently have the  "Caps Lock"  key pressed on the left side of my keyboard... I loose the circle and the actual diameter of my brush size and softness...and I will get  "just the cross-hairs" symbol on my brush... with no indication of brush diameter.  Turn off Caps Lock...and the brush diameter comes back again.

Perhaps that's what happened, I'll remember not to hit Caps Lock smile

Oct 22 16 03:22 am Link