Forums > General Industry > How many is too many?

Model

Brittney Denea

Oceanside, California, US

I was just wondering, does anybody have a limit to the amount of pics they put in their port from each shoot?  Do you chose one pic for each background, model, look, style?  Or does it just depend?

Dec 06 06 04:08 am Link

Photographer

PhotographerEX

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

Your final port should have the best shot from eatch shoot you've done! keep doing shoots and it will be easier for you to decide.

James

Dec 06 06 04:13 am Link

Photographer

S_D

San Diego, California, US

I use the best 4 shots for each model.  Check Mine out.... Mine Is the Best on MM.. Well not pics but the best format :-P

Its only a matter of time before you see my format on every port.

Dec 06 06 04:29 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Brittney Denea wrote:
I was just wondering, does anybody have a limit to the amount of pics they put in their port from each shoot?  Do you chose one pic for each background, model, look, style?  Or does it just depend?

Are you talking about a portfolio for agency presentation or here on Mayhem?

For agency books, try to limit the number of repeat photos from any given shoot. If you must have photos from the same shoot, try to have a different outfit, look and setting.

Here on Mayhem I just put up what I feel like. If photos are from the same shoot, I don't mind as much.

Dec 06 06 04:59 am Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

For my book, sometimes it's 1 per shoot. Sometimes it's 1 per 5 shoots. Goal is to show variety and my best work so I don't do repeats.

Dec 06 06 06:24 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Agreed. There are shoots that I don't wish to post anything from. Ever. Then there are other shoots where there was a decent variety that I can have five. I generally like to post a few new shots somewhere, because I think it's nice for the model to see. That is, if she's looking.

I'd suggest the merit system, regardless of the shoots. Best quality and widest variety, whatever the source.

Dec 06 06 09:54 am Link