Forums > General Industry > Figure Model Poses?

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine is competing in her first figure competition this weekend.  This is different than a beauty pagent, as it's all about the physique.  They train for 3 months, dieting, hard core workouts, cardio, etc.  So anyway, she's competing on Saturday, and wants me to do a shoot with her on Sunday to capture how she looks.  She'll be my first fitness/figure model, and I'm really excited about it because I'm a big fan of the fitness industry.  Bodybuilders, figure models, fitness competitors, etc.  The problem is, I don't know how to pose her for this?  I can pose a model for other types of shoots, but I've never done a figure model type of shoot before. 

So I'm writing this to ask if anyone knows of a good website with pictures I can study, of figure or fitness model posing?  I know the standard compulsory poses used in the judging, but we want to do more than that for the shoot.  Ideas anyone?

Sincerely,
Richard

Dec 05 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

MS Foto

Manchester, New Hampshire, US

Bill Dobbins has worked with a lot of Fitness Models/Female Bodybuiders. He has a pay site, a some books that are great. A good place to start:

http://www.billdobbins.com

Dec 05 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

Thanks for the reply.  This was very helpful.

Richard

Dec 05 06 04:34 pm Link