Forums > Newbie Forum > Modeling and the military

Model

sarah tonin

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

****Sorry, wrong forum I meant to post this in the modeling forum is it possible to move it

I will be joining the Air Force (as an officer) in less than two years. I model lingerie and nude, and I am very careful to keep that side private. Sometimes I have a hard time judging with pictures to post and not post, though. I enjoy showing off my work, but I have to stop myself a lot of the time to avoid getting in trouble. Are there any other models on here who are also military (officer or enlisted)? Are you open about your modeling career, or private?

Jul 18 16 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

There are some models here who are in the military.  I'm sure that at least one will contact you.

Jul 18 16 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rob Photosby

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

This may not be what you want to hear, but I suggest that you stop modelling immediately.

The military has a different mind-set that is hard for outsiders to understand but involves many subtle power plays, especially between officers and other ranks.

My son is an army officer.  During his time at the Royal Military College, rumour got around that one of the female instructors had been a bikini model. As a result, hundreds of officer cadets spent months scouring the internet to "get something on her".  I do not know the outcome of the search, but the point is that it was made and that the objective was to make the instructor's position more difficult.

Especially as an officer, you would be a very juicy target, so I advise you to start covering your tracks immediately.

Jul 18 16 06:25 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

The biggest problem is doing anything that might "discredit the service". Anything you do in uniform or might be associated with the military can absolutely get you in trouble and discharged. The military does not like scandal or bad publicity. Officers serve at the "pleasure of the President" and do not have contracts. Hence are easier to "rift" than an enlisted member. You might get lucky and not have any problems, but I would advise extreme discretion. If no one knows, no one knows. However if people find out and it gets bad publicity, then expect bad things to happen. A dishonorable discharge can negatively impact you in a lot of ways.

Jul 18 16 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Rob Photosby wrote:
This may not be what you want to hear, but I suggest that you stop modelling immediately.

The military has a different mind-set that is hard for outsiders to understand but involves many subtle power plays, especially between officers and other ranks.

My son is an army officer.  During his time at the Royal Military College, rumour got around that one of the female instructors had been a bikini model. As a result, hundreds of officer cadets spent months scouring the internet to "get something on her".  I do not know the outcome of the search, but the point is that it was made and that the objective was to make the instructor's position more difficult.

Especially as an officer, you would be a very juicy target, so I advise you to start covering your tracks immediately.

Ha ha ha - too funny!

There's a (U.S.) model active in these forums with experience in this  - I'm sure she'll respond soon.

Jul 18 16 11:10 pm Link

Model

sarah tonin

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Delete

Jul 19 16 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Filles de Pin-up

Wichita, Kansas, US

One thing to consider is that military personnel are judged under a different set of laws. It is known as the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice), and is much stricter than ordinary law.

Embarrassing pics could harm a soldier’s career several ways

Another thing to consider is a security clearance. Anything that people can use to blackmail you is significant. I don't know how this would affect a security clearance, but it might.

Jul 20 16 11:50 am Link