Forums > Newbie Forum > ~~*~~Preparing for a photoshoot~~*~~

Model

Lahnah Lou

Bemidji, Minnesota, US

Hello,
I haven't had the chance to work with many different photographers, I have only worked with a handful. I was modeling more as a hobby in my small home town before. I transitioned to sign with an agency. Now I am in a bigger market. Anyone have helpful tips? Should I plan to do my own make up and hair for most shoots or do some photographers provide that? I am looking to do photos for trade to build my portfolio.

Thanks!
Lahnah

Jun 29 16 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Generally, if you can offer to do your own hair and makeup, it will be more useful.

However, some photographers may offer one, or both of these, but generally that is more professional shoots.

Be sure to check for Castings and also search local photographers and contact any you would like to work with.

All the Best to You! smile

Jun 29 16 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

You don't have a "book" yet but I wouldn't let that stop me if I were you. Some of the agents there in Chi town are willing to give advice even if they don't sign you. It varies a lot from year to year. You have nothing to lose by asking them. Ask at least 4 of them for a meeting. You just never know. No guts no glory. :-)

Oh, and yes I worked with 2 of them many....many years ago. :-)

G Reese

Jun 30 16 03:35 pm Link

Model

Lahnah Lou

Bemidji, Minnesota, US

Yes, thanks for the advice. I should have a little bit more time to develop my portfolio now that I don't have to attend classes everyday! yay!

Aug 17 16 11:22 pm Link