Forums > General Industry > Help me to be less hostile!!!!

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

This morning I was accused by a fellow MM member of being hostile to him/her for expressing MY opinion on another thread BEFORE I had READ ALLLLLL the posts for that thread. I am quite confident that he/she does do this for all the forum topics he/she reads in MM, otherwise he/she would not have been critical of my utter failure!!! to do so!!!!! LOL This accusation came, by the way, in a private message!!!

Seems to me folks in MM might do well to get out the camera or make up kit and create some outstanding images, rather than criticize some one for voicing their opinions.

Comments?????

Patrick

Dec 04 06 08:44 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

You two sound like prime sign-up candidates for the MM Secret Santa program that's sweeping the nation!

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=95891

Dec 04 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

that's just the mayhem, sometimes it sucks, but it's not going to change for you. So you either deal with it or stay out of forums. They aren't the place for doing buisness anyway.
It's hard sometimes to not be hostile becuase when inflection is missing we can only judge by words and we tend to put a negative inflection on the words we read because we are naturally defensive.

Dec 04 06 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

That may very well be, BUT when I am told I have NO right to express MY opinion until I abide by some other members rules, this ol guy does not take that  too kindly!!!! I dont easily get bent out of shape to the point I even respond to such post!!!

Patrick

little apple blossom wrote:
that's just the mayhem, sometimes it sucks, but it's not going to change for you. So you either deal with it or stay out of forums. They aren't the place for doing buisness anyway.
It's hard sometimes to not be hostile becuase when inflection is missing we can only judge by words and we tend to put a negative inflection on the words we read because we are naturally defensive.

Dec 04 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

Thanks, will give those gifts consideration!!! LOL

You two sound like prime sign-up candidates for the MM Secret Santa program that's sweeping the nation!

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=95891

Dec 04 06 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

billi

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

try not CAPITALIZING whole WORDS that you think people should UNDERSTAND because it comes OFF like your trying to TALK down to THEM. And perhaps not doing something like this!!!!!!!!! Voicing YOUR opinions to THESE forums is at YOUR own risk... you either LOVE it or LEAVE it alone.

Dec 04 06 08:56 pm Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

Seems like I Cant Do Anything Right any more!!!!!

Emphasis intended!!!

At my own risk is what we do Every Day!!!!! in this ol world, folks!!!!

At least I can spell and use some what adequate English!!!!!

never knew that capitalizing was talking down to any one maybe i should just be a meek lil mouse and use lower case without punctuation that way every one can interp and add their own emphasis maybe it is just that some folks are more sensitive than others, you think

patrick

try not CAPITALIZING whole WORDS that you think people should UNDERSTAND because it comes OFF like your trying to TALK down to THEM. And perhaps not doing something like this!!!!!!!!! Voicing YOUR opinions to THESE forums is at YOUR own risk... you either LOVE it or LEAVE it alone.

Dec 04 06 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

Split Images Studio wrote:
At least I can spell and use some what adequate English!!!!!

Somewhat is one word in your context.

Dec 05 06 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

Thankyou!!!

Lens N Light wrote:

Somewhat is one word in your context.

Dec 05 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

Split Images Studio wrote:
Thankyou!!!

thank-you is either two words or has dash..

as long as you don't take yourself too seriously...

Dec 05 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

It's human nature. It has nothing to do with people on here being "models" or "photographers" or whatever.

Some people just enjoy bringing down others to make themselves happier.

Dec 05 06 09:28 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Daniela V is right, its human nature and has nothing to do with the forums. People will be people no matter where you go.

I simply laugh when I recieve notices like that from others. I do the best I can, and attempt to be diplomatic as much as possible. Sometimes it works better than others.

I also try to give people the benefit of the doubt as mush as possible. That helps more than anything.

Dec 05 06 10:47 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

I used to be very hostile and confrontational myself.  I was in competitive sports at the time and the attitude just spilled over onto my personal life. 
I decided to always take a second or two and think about my reaction before I spoke/wrote a reply.  It was harder than it sounds becuase I was so used to striking back as quickly as possible.
So just take that breath or in the case of these threads, go to another thread and then come back and write your reply.
Good luck, hope it helps.

Dec 05 06 10:53 am Link

Photographer

The Warlock

Is this what usually goes on...............?

Wow I thought us Brits were aggresive..........all this wasted energy should be chanelled into things like discussing the scam email from Lagos thats using Model Mahem as a base or getting work, improving our knowledge etc etc!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Dec 05 06 10:57 am Link