Forums > General Industry > Potential?

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

So yesterday I saw my 'little' cousin Virginia, for the first time in a few months.
I walk up to say hi to her and i'm looking straight into her eyes.
She is only 14 and my height....5'7.

Her brother (who is 17) is 6'4, kind of makes me think that since she's already so tall that she's going to grow atlest another 3-5 inches. Not to mention shes all legs and very very slim.

so give me your opinnions before I get this girls hopes up....shes too the right of me in the pic....and don't mind how crappy I look with no makeup on.

https://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/CPuccia33/1517514855_l.jpg

How hard do you think it would be to get some one to test with a 14 year old?

Dec 04 06 06:07 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Why would you need to test?

Just have her mom take her to the local agencies' open calls.

Dec 04 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

Josie Nutter wrote:

that about sums it up.

--face reality

Dec 04 06 06:13 pm Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

Josie Nutter wrote:

Local agencies around here are not worth going to.
They are pretty much the "pay me $500 to take crappy pics and 'represent' you" kind of places.....

i'm not from the good part of NY (aka NYC)
i'm on the other side of the state.

Dec 04 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

none of the above

Marina del Rey, California, US

if she is truly interested, have her and mom read www.newmodels.com

that should give a solid foundation for asking the right questions to the agencies in your area:
http://www.switchboard.com/Modeling_Age … sults.html

--face reality

Dec 04 06 06:23 pm Link

Model

Angela_M

Chicago, Illinois, US

She's cute.

Dec 05 06 12:16 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i didn't grow after i was 12   ...... except from yoga / posture

i wouldnt suggest it all the same
let her grow up inside develop herself and choose her own way based on her interersts and her talents
with as much realism as possible to begin with

Dec 05 06 12:23 am Link

Model

if_u_only_knew

Alexander, Arkansas, US

She KINDA reminds me of KATE MOSS.  I did say KINDA though. It could just be the picture.

Dec 05 06 02:46 am Link

Model

Cristina Ashley

Buffalo, Illinois, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
i didn't grow after i was 12   ...... except from yoga / posture

i wouldnt suggest it all the same
let her grow up inside develop herself and choose her own way based on her interersts and her talents
with as much realism as possible to begin with

she know what she likes.
She goes to performing arts highschool. She goes away to theater/acting camp every summer, she takes 4 different dance classes. She's very into music, art and creative things- which makes me think modeling might be a good thing too...

The thing is she has learning disabilities when it comes to math and sciences- but she excels so much in the arts- so I guess maybe i'm just trying to open up doors for her because a normal college/university just might not be an option.

And I have a biased opinnion because she is my cousin, just like any mom thinks "my daughter could model" That's why I was asking outsiders opinnions.

Dec 05 06 12:07 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Cristina Ashley wrote:
i'm not from the good part of NY (aka NYC)
i'm on the other side of the state.

so drive.

Dec 05 06 12:45 pm Link

Model

joanna kristine

Providence, Rhode Island, US

She's 14 and still growing. Most agencies would like for her to be around 16-18, although there are the few lucky ones. Is her mother or father involved? How badly does she want to model?

I agree with Face Reality, go to models.com, they have discussions in their forums with actual big agencies. You can learn a lot from reading on their site. Take a day trip to NYC for open calls, they will take poloroids right there. She does not need a book.

Dec 05 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

She's definitely pretty enough for the job. Obviously, I don't know about her attitude or maturity.

Go with her to a photographer whom you know and who shoots fashion or catalog. See how she likes being in front of a camera and how she follows direction. All things being well, then help her get in touch with an agency (surely Bufalo has some reputable ones) and go from there.

If you are ever headed toward New England, buzz me that you will be around and I will happily shoot with her. I love working with young models, as you can see from my book.

Dec 05 06 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Like Josie and Face Reality said, go to an agency and read http://www.newmodels.com/, only if this is for her.  If she really wants it, and if she really thinks this is where she wants to go.  If she wants to do something serious, get off the internet and hit the open-calls.  They are already within NYC, which means heck a lot closer than the rest of America to the top agencies.  No excuse, just go.

Dec 05 06 01:44 pm Link