Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop CC Brush Preset short cuts

Photographer

Michael Gannon

Rockford, Michigan, US

When using a clone stamp tool I spend a lot of time switching between a feathered brush set at 20% opacity and a hard edge brush set at 100% opacity. is there a way to set up a shortcut key for these type of brush presets, or even just easily switch between current and previously used brushes. I've seen a few trick/shortcuts, but it seems the difference in opacity between the two brushes will always have to be adjusted manually. Anyone know a trick?

Mar 29 16 07:59 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

I don't know about switching presets but in case that you may find this useful: you can change brush opacity using the number keys (1 for 10%, 2 for 20%, 37 for 37% etc) and for changing brush hard edge use Shift + [ or Shift + ]. In case you use a tablet you can even program the scroll strips for these.

Mar 29 16 08:10 am Link

Retoucher

Andrey Bautin

Ivanovo, Ivanovo, Russia

You could record an action for each preset and in actions panel menu go to action options and assign one of the F keys for each action.
Then use autohotkey to script those F keys to any hotkey you want.
That's what I would do anyway.
Another option is to do it through scripting and then assign a hotkey to the script but I'm not sure if you can do that with brush presets. I tried only with tool presets.
But the problem with tool presets is that it saves the brush size too. so not an option.
Good Luck.

Mar 30 16 05:28 am Link