Retoucher

Emillio

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

I want to talk about this plugin - Portraiture. I used it once and deleted it right away. I think it destroys everything and i do not think it is professional to use it in serious retouch work. Other than that i also think the same for bluring skin - it destroys it. I opened this topic because i see a lot of retouched pics and almost all are either blured or portraiture-ed.

Mar 26 16 02:26 am Link

Photographer

ThomasBlanchardFineArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Emillio wrote:
I want to talk about this plugin - Portraiture. I used it once and deleted it right away. I think it destroys everything and i do not think it is professional to use it in serious retouch work. Other than that i also think the same for bluring skin - it destroys it. I opened this topic because i see a lot of retouched pics and almost all are either blured or portraiture-ed.

I think it really depends on your client and budget.   For a magazine using a plug in would be crazy but for a senior or family portrait it may be just fine if not overdone.   It's a great plug in but if you depend on all its automatic features your results will look like plastic 😀

Mar 26 16 03:08 am Link

Retoucher

Retouching is about being able to find the problems in an image and approaching them intelligently, not merely applying tools as on a conveyor belt. No plugin has the intelligence of a human being.

ThomasBlanchardFineArt wrote:
I think it really depends on your client and budget.

If the client is one of the many expecting "high end retouching for $15 per image" most obviously he is a plugin himself.

Mar 26 16 03:46 am Link

Retoucher

Emillio

ThomasBlanchardFineArt wrote:
I think it really depends on your client and budget.

If the client is one of the many expecting "high end retouching for $15 per image" most obviously he is a plugin himself.

It's off the topic, but i have never ever knew how much does a professional retouch of an image cost? You are absolutely right. I opened this topic because i cant understand most of the retouchers using portraiture and submitting the retouched photos.

Mar 26 16 07:03 am Link

Retoucher

It's not off topic at all. The very existence of such plugins has its roots in budget restrictions. But as I explain to many people budget retouching and high quality retouching are 2 different worlds.

Mar 26 16 07:31 am Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

I use it in the mask mode on a independent layer where I can dial it back to around 67% and work in a specific skin tone area.  Around lace or sheers it can be a godsend too.  You can turn the sliders for softness to zero and sharpness way up to keep detail which might be too much to on portraits.

Works well in the artsy land too where the need isn't to be so technically perfect, or on small web photos where it's a compacted JPEG and who cares looking at it on a cell phone screen.  However, for large prints, it may become an issue if overdone.

Mar 26 16 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

It's just a tool. Like any tool, it can be employed intelligently or ignorantly.

I've read or seen several popular highly skilled retouchers use the plug-in in various ways. Specifically, one uses it for its masking abilities to quickly isolate a range of colors and create a transparent mask.

Again, think of the lateral use of plug-ins not just the literal use.

Apr 04 16 04:19 am Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I found the Delicious Retouch panel the best of all the auto tools...
http://www.photoshopchef.com/downloads/ … s-retouch/

Apr 04 16 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Stringham

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I avoid plugins like the plague they are..... I can look at a photo and tell immediately if it's plugin/touchup software related or hand-touched.

This is the panel set I use..... http://retouchingacademy.com/product/ra … op-cs6-cc/

Apr 04 16 05:10 pm Link