Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Cataloging Models

Photographer

tienphotographer

Newport Beach, California, US

I've run into the situation where I meet really good models during castings but they are not what the client wants i.e. blonde, too short, wrong size, etc but I'd like to keep their information somewhere for future castings.

Is there a program you can use to Catalog models for consideration in future photoshoots? Ideally it would just be rows of headshots or bodyshots and when you click on it you can pull up their information. Would also like to type in Brunette and it would filter to just all brunettes etc.

I've been sort of doing this by putting their photos into a folder on my desktop and adding metadata but surely there is another way! Please help. I do not mind paying for it if it's reasonable.

*sorry i thought i was in the photography section. Mods please move this

Mar 11 16 04:05 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

It seems you want to create a visual database of models.

There might be suitable web solutions you can search for but I think a very easy way would be indeed metadata and filtering in Lightroom for example.

You can add keywords 'blonde', height or birth year and create collections based on those.

I hope that helps.

Mar 11 16 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

tienphotographer

Newport Beach, California, US

anchev wrote:
It seems you want to create a visual database of models.

There might be suitable web solutions you can search for but I think a very easy way would be indeed metadata and filtering in Lightroom for example.

You can add keywords 'blonde', height or birth year and create collections based on those.

I hope that helps.

thanks for the response. I would love a desktop, ipad app or web based solution. Lightroom is just too much to deal with especially if i'm on the go or out to lunch with a client and want to pull out someone i think would work for their vision. I have looked into inventory apps on the iphone but they aren't quite there yet.

Mar 11 16 05:05 pm Link