Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Periodic Intuos problem

Photographer

Isaac Photography

Conyers, Georgia, US

I have the Intuos 4.  Periodically when I plug into my computer for use I get the light on the tablet (near the wheel) indicating that it is connected, but I don't get actual functionality of the tablet.  None of the words light up in the windows and the tablet is not able to be used.  I may wait a day or so before trying to use it again and it will turn on perfectly.

This has gone on for a while.  Anyone with similar problems?

Thanks

Feb 18 16 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

E Thompson Photography

Hyattsville, Maryland, US

Check to see if the USB cable is still good.

Feb 18 16 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

That happens to me occasionally. I restart the computer and all is well. No idea why.

Feb 19 16 04:51 pm Link

Retoucher

Corey Schroeder

Austin, Texas, US

It sounds like there isn't a problem with your USB cable, as the light on your intuos illuminates (indicating it is receiving power).

The issue is in the unit talking to the computer.
I've found that my intuos does not like to be connected while my computer is currently running.
Try turning off your computer and plugging in the intuos, then powering on your machine - it should work fine.

If you still have issues with that, I would update your drivers from Wacom.

Feb 19 16 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Corey Schroeder wrote:
It sounds like there isn't a problem with your USB cable, as the light on your intuos illuminates (indicating it is receiving power).

The issue is in the unit talking to the computer.
I've found that my intuos does not like to be connected while my computer is currently running.
Try turning off your computer and plugging in the intuos, then powering on your machine - it should work fine.

If you still have issues with that, I would update your drivers from Wacom.

You do know there is not just power (but data) moving through a usb cable and a faulty cable can still transfer power.

Feb 19 16 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

null imaging

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, US

If your using a PC, search for services.msc and run it as administrator.  Next, scroll down to the TabeletServiceWacom, right-click it and select restart.

Mar 03 16 10:40 am Link