Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Have you ever used cracked Photoshop for free?

Retoucher

Ivan Zayats Retouch

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

rfordphotos wrote:
Oh, I am a murderous son of a bitch.  But I pay the asking price for the food I "kill", rather than steal it.

being a murderer is more serious crime than being a thief, is'n it? so, until you aren't saint, do you have any moral value to teach the others how to live? no.

we'll follow the moderator's advice and won't promote piracy, of course... though the topic was interesting^)

Feb 17 16 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Willie Brown Photos

Anderson, South Carolina, US

For $9.99 a month, there is no reason anyone should use a cracked version anymore.  Now if they didn't have this, and were still charging the amount for the software that they were(which I find it HARD to believe any of us actually paid that price for photoshop before CC.  But if you did, more power to you.), then all bets are off.  You gotta do what you gotta do until you're able to afford it.  *shrug* 

But I'm pretty sure everyone can afford $9.99 a month.  If not, just cancel Netflix or something, then you can.  Or if struggles are hitting you really bad(which wouldn't be uncommon), then possibly ask someone to help you pay for it until you get on your feet.

Feb 17 16 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Zayats

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Double Stomp Productions wrote:
For $9.99 a month, there is no reason anyone should use a cracked version anymore.

on the one hand you're right. this subscribtion is really a good idea and is much more affordable.

on the other hand, will those who already use older versions change them? what for?
I'm pretty sure, the majority won't. because all the necessary tools are the same and you can dodge&burn in CS2, CS4, CS6 just the same way.

Feb 17 16 11:46 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

ivancoart wrote:
are you a vegan or a killer?

eating meat is not the question, and is not illegal.

there are many trying to justify their reasons, blaming everything under the sun.
with weak rationale and free alternatives, their arguments hold no water.

Feb 17 16 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Laura Elizabeth Photo

Rochester, New York, US

J-PhotoArt wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-C … B007R0RKPO

Why the heck is it so much?  I don't remember it being near that expensive when it came out (although I have a bad memory and my mom bought it for me for school)  and I have a PC, which is says in unavailable anyways, so yea.

Feb 17 16 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Seiran

Topeka, Kansas, US

Laura Bello wrote:
Why the heck is it so much?

The vendor is banking on the idea that someone will buy it because it's the actual physical software vs CC.

Feb 17 16 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Never!

Feb 17 16 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Laura Bello wrote:
Why the heck is it so much?  I don't remember it being near that expensive when it came out (although I have a bad memory and my mom bought it for me for school)  and I have a PC, which is says in unavailable anyways, so yea.

I seem to recall it was going for around $300-$350 when I got v2. I bought a scanner instead, as it cost under $200 and came with a full version of Photoshop v2--cheaper than upgrading my v1 to v2, effectively making the scanner cost less me than zero.

Adobe is selling PS CS6 for $900 at http://shop.adobe.com/DRHM/store - that's a couple of hundred more than it was 2 years ago, if memory serves, but still $573 cheaper than it's going for on Amazon.

Feb 17 16 09:07 pm Link

Retoucher

Selena Jain

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

R.EYE.R wrote:
One of Adobe's managers told my friend once that they appreciated piracy. It's a part of their strategy.

Really, its a strategy? They dont think it is illegal or dont they think, it may harm their product?

Feb 19 16 02:09 am Link

Retoucher

Diego72

Mantova, Lombardy, Italy

Even if cracked version of photoshop would be legal everyone should be stay one mile away from that versions.

Rootkit, spyware, trojan horse, Virus, and malware or malicios pieces of software that could bring your pc to become a zombie pc are always possible with no original software..

SO DO YOU WANT USE IT ???

Feb 21 16 08:19 am Link