Forums > Newbie Forum > Another "Friend" question (To Deny or Ignore?)

Artist/Painter

MattCauleyArtist

Sunnyside, New York, US

Hey everyone -

I recently set up a separate profile for the instances where I might act as an Artist Model (instead of this primary profile where I am an artist and painter).

I'm getting a lot of Friend Requests to the Model Profile, but I'm trying to really streamline the profile, keeping it limited to people whose work I admire or look like they might be interesting to work with.

That said, there are quite a few Requests coming in, and I'm not sure the best way to manage it. If I don't like somebody's profile or work, for example, should I click that "Deny" button?  Or, should I ignore it? The problem with Ignoring it is that the list of people awaiting a response will continue to grow. And, if I "Deny" a person, will they be able to resubmit down the road? Can they still view my profile in the meantime?

The Model Profile is definitely attracting a different crowd than the Artist Profile. Not bad, just different.

Sorry for all the questions. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Matt

Feb 10 16 07:03 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

I feel the same about friend requests and have stated on my profile that I am not on the site to garnish a huge friend list but that doesn't seem to quell the requests. 
When I deny, I normally send a message to the person saying that I am sorry, I only accept people who want to work with me, who have contacted me directly, or that I have worked with or want to work with.  Sounds a little cruel but I don't need thousands of friends.

They can still view your portfolio but not sure if they can submit another request down the line.

Feb 10 16 07:22 am Link

Artist/Painter

MattCauleyArtist

Sunnyside, New York, US

I'm also a little curious if anyone receives a "Denial" notification. I doubt it, since I never receive a notice when someone accepts my request either, but you never know...

Feb 10 16 07:23 am Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

MattCauleyArtist wrote:
I'm also a little curious if anyone receives a "Denial" notification. I doubt it, since I never receive a notice when someone accepts my request either, but you never know...

Nope...no notifications of any kind either way.

Feb 10 16 08:33 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A large portion of 'friend' seekers ask anyone and everyone as if they're going to win a prize for having the most 'friends'.
They'll ask and never visit your profile again. 

Does it hurt someone profiles when they accept friends?  Probably not.
Does it help someone's profile when they accept friends?  Probably not.

Feb 10 16 09:33 am Link

Artist/Painter

MattCauleyArtist

Sunnyside, New York, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
Does it hurt someone profiles when they accept friends?  Probably not.
Does it help someone's profile when they accept friends?  Probably not.

I was wondering about that....  On the one hand, I assumed that if I was looking for legitimate artistic-related modeling projects, I might get "judged" by the type of friends I had in my list. But, then again, I don't think that's actually something I experienced when I was reviewing anyone else's profile as a potential person to work with. It all came down to the type of work shown in their portfolio.

My modeling account has only been active a day now, so I'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Thanks for the insight and advice. I appreciate it.

Feb 10 16 10:05 am Link