Forums > Newbie Forum > New to MM.Have a question for models about boudoir

Photographer

Nick Janzen Photography

Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

I've done a lot of photography in various fields but have never done anything close to boudoir and I'm getting asked by my current customers to do these shoots but I don't want to charge for anything until i'm comfortable and have had practice with models. I'd love some tips to make sure the model is always taken care of and is comfortable. I don't have a studio as almost all of my photography are mostly weddings or families out of their homes or outdoors. Anyways, my questions are since boudoir needs to be indoors, especially in the winter,do I ask to photograph the model in her home? Is this the standard what other photographers do? Any other tips would be appreciated as I'm trying to keep this very professional. Thank you smile

Feb 09 16 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

Her home or in a luxury hotel room will be fine pending on her budget.   Book a series shoots on the same day at the hotel to minimize the expense.  An AirBnB way is also an option.  A female photographer often has advantage over male photographer when dealing with ordinary female clients.   Get a female MUA to work with you will level the playing field.

Good luck!!!

Feb 09 16 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I have learned the one secret of boudoir photography.  Even if your client tells you that she is shooting for her significant other, that's a lie. Her significant other will be happy with cell phone quality photos. You need to shoot in such a way as to make her friends jealous. That is your goal. Make her friends jealous.

In things like this, the opinion of her friends matter more than her boyfriend or husband. If her friends get jealous of her, you have done your job well.

Feb 09 16 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Janzen Photography

Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada

Hey thanks guys! I appreciate the good tips smile

Feb 09 16 07:37 pm Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Really useful topic and totally agree with advice given.

Good Luck with your shoot! smile

Feb 10 16 01:03 am Link