Forums > Newbie Forum > New Model in NYC

Model

katiebrittany

New York, New York, US

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself to the Model Mayhem community. I just recently started to get into modeling, although I've always had an interest in it. I'm looking to build my portfolio and learn more about the modeling industry. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Katie

Feb 06 16 10:41 am Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

Post hidden on Feb 07, 2016 06:53 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
Please use the critique forum if you want to offer critiques.

Feb 06 16 11:09 am Link

Model

katiebrittany

New York, New York, US

Thank you for the constructive criticism PhotoKromze! I need all the tips I can get smile I have been told that I tend to look angry, but it is more of an attempt to appear fierce. I guess I just have RBF, haha. As for the posing, this was my first photoshoot, so I did not know much more than a few poses off the top of my head. With practice I'll experiment more, I'm sure.

Feb 06 16 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoKromze

Lisbon, Lisboa e Vale do Tejo, Portugal

katiebrittany wrote:
Thank you for the constructive criticism PhotoKromze! I need all the tips I can get smile I have been told that I tend to look angry, but it is more of an attempt to appear fierce. I guess I just have RBF, haha. As for the posing, this was my first photoshoot, so I did not know much more than a few poses off the top of my head. With practice I'll experiment more, I'm sure.

I understand your predicament. My first photoshoot was even worse, a whole bunch of shaky and badly lit images which were of no use at face value, but got me going in terms of playing with my camera settings.

I was reading earlier today that RBF is now a real thing smile so, I guess I should be updated on that big_smile

Glad to see that you are open to experimentation, try posing in front of the mirror. Better still, set your camera on timer and pose before it. If you are into dancing/aerobics, you already have unlimited poses ready, just ease them out smile

Any further help, I'd be honored to assist. Cheers!!

Feb 06 16 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

JHLePhotography

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Welcome here smile

Feb 06 16 01:07 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Welcome Katie! Great start to your portfolio.

Just as a note of caution, critique is not permitted outside of the "Critique" subforum, even if it's you requesting it! Don't want you getting in trouble.

Feb 06 16 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

katiebrittany wrote:

OMG! Hi2U!

Feb 06 16 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Enrique Olivieri Photography

Sioux Falls, South Dakota, US

Hello and welcome to MM!
"e"

Feb 07 16 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

robert b mitchell

Surrey, British Columbia, Canada

Welcome to the site. newbie

Feb 07 16 07:00 pm Link

Artist/Painter

MattCauleyArtist

Sunnyside, New York, US

Echoing the others here... Welcome! I myself have only been truly active here for about 2 months now, but it's been a great experience. 4 photoshoots done, with a lot of potential others lined up.

Hope it's a good experience for you.

Feb 08 16 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Mary Durante Youtt

Barnegat, New Jersey, US

Welcome to MM and don't worry about just having a few poses.  We all have to start somewhere.  Browsing through models' portfolios, magazines will give you an idea of poses.   Find photographers who are willing to work with newbies for TF and check out their verified credits, contact models that have worked with them. 
Check out casting calls.
Good luck and welcome to MM

Feb 08 16 09:23 am Link

Photographer

First Life Photography

Plymouth, England, United Kingdom

Hello and Welcome to MM. smile

Feb 09 16 12:16 am Link