Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Achieving a certain look

Retoucher

Retouch Tom

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

Im looking for that smooth blue-ish tone, that seems to be in many of these pictures.

http://www.byaksel.com/#

Now, i know my curves, i know my filters, etc and im sure i could figure it out.

im just wondering what your approach would be?

Jan 23 16 02:33 am Link

Digital Artist

Joe Diamond

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania

This cannot be explained as there are different curves, colors settings according the base photo. You can apply a coloring action but the outcome will be different according the photo. My recommendation is to learn ps tools and you can do it yourself very easy

Jan 23 16 04:10 am Link

Photographer

NYC fine art nudes

New York, New York, US

In Photoshop:

Go to "Layer" in the Menu bar >  New fill layer >  Solid color ( press ok) >  choose white in upper left corner ( press ok )

Jan 23 16 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

NYC fine art nudes wrote:
In Photoshop:

Go to "Layer" in the Menu bar >  New fill layer >  Solid color ( press ok) >  choose white in upper left corner ( press ok )

lol +1

Jan 23 16 11:18 am Link

Retoucher

Retouch Tom

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

NYC fine art nudes wrote:
In Photoshop:

Nice one! big_smile
Updated the article now, hehe.

Jan 25 16 06:29 am Link

Retoucher

Sergretouch

New York, New York, US

It's not big deal. At first try to use VSCO. It can make give you nice "basic" cold tones. Also you can use any adjustments layer in Ps. Just make image color tone cold and a bit back normal (warm) color in places that should be warm (skin, wood, etc.). And of course you need a taste and good raw's :-)
And if you want to repeat someone's retouch, you must understand what the difference between "normal" image and retouched image.
For example I take one of image from site and one from google with usual color. And as you can see it's not problem to repeat colors. All difference in saturation and hue and a bit lightness.
https://take.ms/5F8mK

So if you will be analyze what you see (colors, hue, brightness, local colors, etc.) - you can repeat retouch what you want. And doesn't matters which instrument you use.

Jan 25 16 09:15 am Link