Forums > General Industry > Locations in Seattle

Photographer

GS Photography

Tacoma, Washington, US

I will be shooting a rapper in Seattle in a few weeks.  He is requesting a night shot with all sky as a background.  Any location suggestions. Abner

Dec 02 06 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

What type of foreground are you after? Industrial, community?? Just nite sky, Alki point gives you 24 hr access with down town Seattle as lower BG. Most of the community parks on Lake Washington would give unclutter sky also.

I will be shooting a rapper in Seattle in a few weeks.  He is requesting a night shot with all sky as a background.  Any location suggestions. Abner

Dec 04 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

GS Photography

Tacoma, Washington, US

Split, thanks for the heads up.  The foreground is not as important as the angle he wants.  He wants to be standing on a hilltop against all sky.  Will Alki work?

Dec 04 06 09:34 pm Link

Photographer

Scott Aitken

Seattle, Washington, US

Hilltop, at night, with a plain sky background? Try Gasworks park at the north end of Lake Union. There is a good grassy hill there. If you shoot upward, you'll get nothing but sky as the background. If you shoot level, you can get a good cityscape as a background. Or the lake. Or the freeway. Depending in the direction you point. A pretty versatile place to shoot.

Alki is good to get a city skyline across the water. But it is very cold this time of year working with a model. And when working with a model, the city is quite a distance away, and will look very tiny in the background.

Dec 04 06 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

Split Images Studio

Seattle, Washington, US

Gasworks Park is on the north end of Lake Union, which is north of down town seattle. It would bae a good choice as there is quite a high hill you can use, plus some concrete bunker pieces, plus the remains of the old gas distilling plant and its towers, etc.

Alki is flat, but shooting out toward the west would give you no lights in the background.

Hilltop, at night, with a plain sky background? Try Gasworks park at the north end of Lake Union. There is a good grassy hill there. If you shoot upward, you'll get nothing but sky as the background. If you shoot level, you can get a good cityscape as a background. Or the lake. Or the freeway. Depending in the direction you point. A pretty versatile place to shoot.

Alki is good to get a city skyline across the water. But it is very cold this time of year working with a model. And when working with a model, the city is quite a distance away, and will look very tiny in the background.

Dec 04 06 10:58 pm Link

Photographer

GS Photography

Tacoma, Washington, US

Thanks Scott.  Two replies tonight, I was beginning to lose hope.  I am going to scout both locations this week. 

Painting with light?  If you havent already- check out daveblackphotography.com, unbelievable.

Dec 04 06 10:59 pm Link