Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Why "Global D&B - Middle gray Layer" change...

Photographer

walterfantauzzi

Rome, Lazio, Italy

Hi Guys, Just a question with RA PANEL for Photoshop CS6.
I've bought the last RA Panel for CS 6 but I've a issue.

Why "Global D&B - Middle gray Layer" change color on the skin ?
I've use it for D&B on a model Skin and I see that the color of the skin change.
Any info?
thanks
w.

Oct 11 15 09:02 am Link

Photographer

Tulack

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

walterfantauzzi wrote:
Hi Guys, Just a question with RA PANEL for Photoshop CS6.
I've bought the last RA Panel for CS 6 but I've a issue.

Why "Global D&B - Middle gray Layer" change color on the skin ?
I've use it for D&B on a model Skin and I see that the color of the skin change.
Any info?
thanks
w.

Is it changing from red to darker red, or from red to blue? What are your settings? Again, saturation of the color depends on brightness.  By darkening or lightening you increase or decrease saturation.

Oct 11 15 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

walterfantauzzi

Rome, Lazio, Italy

Tulack wrote:

Is it changing from red to darker red, or from red to blue? What are your settings? Again, saturation of the color depends on brightness.  By darkening or lightening you increase or decrease saturation.

The issue is that the skin tone change from ocher to gray when I put white color in the Dodge lightening layer

Oct 11 15 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Tulack

walterfantauzzi wrote:
The issue is that the skin tone change from ocher to gray when I put white color in the Dodge lightening layer

Check it in HSB. I just did. Hue (color) doesn't change. Saturation and Brightness changing. If you dodging you should loose saturation.

Oct 11 15 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

walterfantauzzi

Rome, Lazio, Italy

Tulack wrote:

Check it in HSB. I just did. Hue (color) doesn't change. Saturation and Brightness changing. If you dodging you should loose saturation.

You mean that I must convert to RGB to LAB?

Oct 11 15 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tulack

No, pick a color you think is changing. Make a brush stroke with it. Check the numbers in HSB. Then dodge it. Check the numbers again. H values shouldn't change.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/t31.0-8/12087073_10156092791980153_4611004131531648408_o.jpg

Oct 11 15 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

walterfantauzzi

Rome, Lazio, Italy

Here a sample.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/180 … enshot.jpg

The Red Line is for the D&B with gray layer by RA PANEL.
The Blu Line is a easy Curve Layer for Dodge.

Oct 11 15 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tulack

I checked your image. Hue is the same. So color doesn't change. Another issue. Your gray layer is in "Soft light"  which is contrast mode, and when you dodging you loosing contrast in bright areas. Your curve layer in regular mode, and you are not loosing contrast. Plus you are loosing saturation for both.

Oct 11 15 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

walterfantauzzi

Rome, Lazio, Italy

Tulack wrote:
I checked your image. Hue is the same. So color doesn't change. Another issue. Your gray layer is in "Soft light"  which is contrast mode, and when you dodging you loosing contrast in bright areas. Your curve layer in regular mode, and you are not loosing contrast. Plus you are loosing saturation for both.

Maybe I must learn more from a RA panel tutorial

Oct 11 15 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

Tulack

It's just regular gray layer in soft light mode. RA just provide you with action to do it faster. Color is not changing as you can check yourself with color picker.

Oct 11 15 01:44 pm Link