Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > help- problem with removing wires from bulb crown

Retoucher

EyeCandy Creative

Belgrade, Central Serbia, Serbia

Client wants this green wires removed from "crown" ...I dont think it is possible..
Anyone can do it ? any ideas?
Thanks,
J
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o200/ena_photogallery/bulb-wires_zps2jzzvirz.jpg

Sep 09 15 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

I do stuff like that all the time. There is even an example or two in my portfolio. I just use a very small, soft edged "paintbrush", (one or two pixels, or more, if needed), in Photoshop, and paint, on an upper, transparent, layer, over the "unwanted element", the background, as it would be without that element. If done skillfully, one can not spot it, even in a large print. It only depends on how much time you want to spend on the image.
-Don
EDIT: I see RED wires, NOT green ones.

Sep 09 15 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Don Garrett wrote:

That was my first thought.

If the OP means the green electrical wires, that's a major problem. 

Next the client will want the bulb sockets removed.

Sep 09 15 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:

That was my first thought.

If the OP means the green electrical wires, that's a major problem. 

Next the client will want the bulb sockets removed.

For that matter, why not just remove the WHOLE crown, and just have hair ? Oh, that can be done ahead of time !
-Don

Sep 09 15 10:57 am Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Los Angeles, California, US

I looked carefully. I can do it. It'll take some time.

Sep 09 15 11:40 am Link

Retoucher

EyeCandy Creative

If you click on a larger photo you will see that the client "marked" wires that wants to be removed wit red lines...
So the red ones are "mark" lines.
I usually dont do that sort of retouching (add or remove some objects if the client has other pics ...is what i do), I dont see any way of doing that and keeping it realistic.
If anyone can fix that you can replay here, or send me an private msg and we can discuss about price/time and other details.
Thanks
J.

Sep 09 15 11:50 am Link

Retoucher

EyeCandy Creative

Don Garrett wrote:
I do stuff like that all the time. There is even an example or two in my portfolio. I just use a very small, soft edged "paintbrush", (one or two pixels, or more, if needed), in Photoshop, and paint, on an upper, transparent, layer, over the "unwanted element", the background, as it would be without that element. If done skillfully, one can not spot it, even in a large print. It only depends on how much time you want to spend on the image.
-Don

Red lines are the "markers" hmm

Sep 09 15 12:24 pm Link

Retoucher

ME_retouching

Atlanta, Georgia, US

So the client wants the green wires removed? So the model will just have a bunch of light bulbs sticking out of her head?

I would tell the client that will look ridiculous.

Sep 09 15 12:43 pm Link

Retoucher

EyeCandy Creative

ME_retouching wrote:
So the client wants the green wires removed? So the model will just have a bunch of light bulbs sticking out of her head?

I would tell the client that will look ridiculous.

I know, she wanted that picture to look like this ...https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/92/e8/9c/92e89c4a541b65eee87f0f8044dfaf97.jpg
Believe it or not my client is a serious photographer, but i guess this one has some special value for her.
Anyway i told her that the girl from reference image has black hair and her model is blond and that is not possible...
Client asked me again if I could improvise something more artistic (???!!!)

Sep 09 15 01:52 pm Link

Retoucher

Adriano De Sena

London, England, United Kingdom

WickedLady wrote:
I know, she wanted that picture to look like this ...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/92/e8/9c/92e89c4a541b65eee87f0f8044dfaf97.jpg
Believe it or not my client is a serious photographer, but i guess this one has some special value for her.
Anyway i told her that the girl from reference image has black hair and her model is blond and that is not possible...
Client asked me again if I could improvise something more artistic (???!!!)

Well, First of all if you have enough clean hair source then you can do it but that's a lot of work.
Before removing any wires I would try to archive the reference look. Darken hairs and anything that is necessary to see if possible to make a copy.
I can't see any hair btw on the reference image. For me It's pure black. If no one will see the hair then you don't have to perfectly remove the wires. That's why I would try to archive the look first and then see how much work I have to do on the hair.

Sep 09 15 09:24 pm Link

Retoucher

ME_retouching

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I can't see any hair on the reference picture either. In fact it looks like someone has sliced off the upper third of that model's head. As though she is being prepared for brain surgery.

I'd tell her that it will be a lot less work to reshoot it with a black-haired model, with hair covering as much of the wires as possible, in a dark room so that the picture is barely viewable.

Sep 09 15 09:45 pm Link

Artist/Painter

jackavetisyan

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Your client is better off reshooting that. You should have two shots. One with just the hair and second image with the lights on it. At least you can take samples of the first shot to cover the wires on the other pictures. In my opinion, right now you don't have enough areas to sample the hair from. Hope that makes sense.

Sep 09 15 10:15 pm Link

Retoucher

VigarLunaris

Hanover, Lower Saxony, Germany

Yes it is possible - this will take a lot of time - better for do the shot again and provide "good" Material before invest a dozen of Hours to solve this. smile

Sep 10 15 03:32 am Link

Retoucher

EyeCandy Creative

I agree with everything you said ...I just wanted to be sure that it s not me. I dont like saying that something is not possible, or it is very very hard to do, because I ve seen some "miracles" here on MM. Now i can explain to my client that there are maybe few people capable of doing it and it it would take a lot of time and it would be expensive too.
Thanks a lot

Sep 10 15 05:03 am Link