Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Where is Lattice node in PS cc

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

I can get to liquify tool, but can find Lattice node?  Anyone know where to find?

Sep 07 15 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

I don't have it on mine, I thought of it as a "super" warp tool, maybe this helps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKCeAHo4OE

Sep 07 15 10:29 am Link

Photographer

TMA Photo and Training

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

I wonder if you are thinking of the Photoshop CC  "Puppet Warp"  feature. 

Puppet Warp bends and pulls and pushes images around with pins and a lattice-work of lines within your object.
You can find it under the Main Menu under... Edit > Puppet Warp.

There is also the standard  "Photoshop Warp Tool"  using 9 Lattice points to interactively deform your image in real time.

You can find the Warp Tool in the Main Menu under...  Edit >  Transform > Warp.   Or, you can also do a Control or Command T to get the  "Transform Tool" ...  and then... Right Click and select Warp to see the transform Lattice.  Drag the points in the lattice to deform your image.  There is also a Perspective Warp Tool available in this same menu... that also uses perspective lattice lines as well. 

So... you have 3 kinds of Warp Tools that use the Lattice type of interface in Photoshop CC to interactively deform images... and also the Liquify tool as well.

Cheers,

Ray

Sep 15 15 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Non-destructive Image Deformation - Lattice node - PixaFlux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKCeAHo4OE
"This video shows how to do non-destructive image deformation using the Lattice node in PixaFlux. This warp deformation tool is similar to Liquify in Photoshop, or IWarp in GIMP, but is non-destructive."

Sep 15 15 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

TMA Photo and Retouch wrote:
I wonder if you are thinking of the Photoshop CC  "Puppet Warp"  feature. 

Puppet Warp bends and pulls and pushes images around with pins and a lattice-work of lines within your object.
You can find it under the Main Menu under... Edit > Puppet Warp.

There is also the standard  "Photoshop Warp Tool"  using 9 Lattice points to interactively deform your image in real time.

You can find the Warp Tool in the Main Menu under...  Edit >  Transform > Warp.   Or, you can also do a Control or Command T to get the  "Transform Tool" ...  and then... Right Click and select Warp to see the transform Lattice.  Drag the points in the lattice to deform your image.  There is also a Perspective Warp Tool available in this same menu... that also uses perspective lattice lines as well. 

So... you have 3 kinds of Warp Tools that use the Lattice type of interface in Photoshop CC to interactively deform images... and also the Liquify tool as well.

Cheers,

Ray

You can see at this video at time = 2:20.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ZDOf9Wq_I

I was not sure how I get to this.  I think the author sell his add on.

Sep 17 15 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

TMA Photo and Training

Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US

At that time in the video... he was using a Photoshop Custom designed Panel called "Style My Pic Pro".  It is an Action Based Panel that simplifies the editing process.  It is available here at http://www.stylemypic.com/  and it costs about $70USD.  If you are newer to Photoshop...sometimes Custom Programmed Panels seem to make things easier to do.

The warp feature you see is the standard warp tool already within Photoshop.  To get to there manually you can make any selection anywhere... and then hit  "command or control T"  to get the free Transform Tool.  If you right click within the selection box... you are presented with many kinds of ways you can transform your image.  You can scale it, rotate it, pull the corners of an image, stretch images...AND...DO WARPS.  This Warps is a 9 point grid overlay on the image...click within the grid points... and you can selectively warp your image by pulling or pushing the grid around...which then moves and distorts the image.

Warp has always been there in recent versions of Photoshop...but this panel makes it easier to find and use the features to do glamour retouching.  In your case...he used the warp tool to drag out the models hair to the right...so it made the models hair look like it had more volume to it.  He also used liquefy from the panel to distort the clothing.  Liquify is another WARP or DISTORT tool that is already there manually under the main filters menu.

Cheers

Sep 27 15 09:17 pm Link