Forums > General Industry > Logo Advice Please?

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

Hello,

I've been viewing pictures here for over a week now, and I really like when a photog uses their logo to identify their work, instead of just a © with their name (like I do now).  So I've been messing around with my own logo, trying to figure a nice way to make it work to identify my images, but I'm not sure it looks good?  I've uploaded 1 image with a test logo on it.  Please take a look and tell me what you think?  ould I abbreviate my logo maybe, to just "Night Owl", or use initials for my identifier like "NOP"?

Thanks,
Richard

Dec 01 06 02:10 am Link

Model

Pauline Erika

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

hi richard.....i went and looked at your logo and i think that there's too much going on in it....just being honest....i think maybe you should use like maybe just the eyes of the owl very faintly and on top "NOP" very bold...or maybe just night owl....or N.O. Photography....just my opinion:) hope that helps

Dec 02 06 04:40 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Dont!! Stop now when it looks good..

You will never get to friggin Great!!

(:--------

Hj

Dec 02 06 04:46 am Link

Photographer

Instinct Images

San Diego, California, US

If I saw the pics in your profile without seeing the logo first, I wouldn't have known that the pic was of an owl infront of a red moon - it's too small. I think for a logo to be effective at that size it has to be simpler. Maybe an outline version of that or something similar?

Dec 02 06 04:46 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

i like it..
nice logo, looks nice in the frames instead of plastered across a photograph

Dec 02 06 05:01 am Link

Photographer

MMPhotography

Chicago, Illinois, US

maybe you could use a bigger owl, or just its face across the moon, so you can see it even when the logo is really small, just imho smile

Dec 02 06 05:09 am Link