Photographer

Ivascu Cristina

Timişoara, Timiş County, Romania

hi, maybe someone can get this straight for me . i have posted images to challange topic and a retoucher altered my original picture in a before and after so the before image looked like shit. is he allowed to do that? since the mod tells me i drop every right on picture if i upload it there.. i don`t care the way is retouched just why make my raw file look so shitty since from the camera looks pretty good. any answers? thx!

Aug 23 15 10:29 am Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Talk to the retoucher that you are not satisfied with the way the before shoot is…
Simple as that...

Aug 23 15 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

D A N I E L

Caserta, Campania, Italy

^^+1 and besides that you need to remember that the raw file goes through a raw converter and there the retoucher can do pretty much anything.

Aug 23 15 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Ivascu Cristina

i sent him/her a msg and nothing, i tried to report also and got a negative answer.. people are so mean these days smile

Aug 23 15 02:22 pm Link

Retoucher

Cole Bettelyoun

Martin, South Dakota, US

Why would one alter the before image? Have to do a search for your threads.

Aug 23 15 02:51 pm Link

Retoucher

Hemali Kapilaratne

Kandy, Kandy, Sri Lanka

Ivascu Cristina wrote:
i sent him/her a msg and nothing, i tried to report also and got a negative answer.. people are so mean these days smile

Exactly they are so mean.  Most of them misuse the images.  Im having a problem with copyrights in retouchers end.  I retouch the images and upload.  But anyone can misuse the image I retouched right?  Anybody can use it his/her portfolio as I dont have a water mark or a txt in the image. The photographer doesnt allow to wright or put the logo.  So how should I protect my rights as a retoucher?

Aug 23 15 05:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Pall Kris Design

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania

Cristina, you must admit this is a bit hilarious... smile
I have checked retoucher profile picture and the before (original) photo was also retouched smile smile smile

To be completely fair there is another possibility - the retouched might have used a strange or old raw converter.

One thing I've tested: If you open a DNG in ACR and adjust some settings like exposure and just close the dng, the settings will remain if you open again in Adobe Camera Raw from CC. But if you open same DNG file in Photoshop CS5, all settings are lost.

Well. I hope you solve this!

Aug 23 15 06:12 pm Link

Photographer

Ivascu Cristina

https://s12.postimg.org/ujs4v55i1/Untitled_1.jpg

Aug 24 15 03:07 am Link

Retoucher

Adriano De Sena

London, England, United Kingdom

It's the edited image directly from the Camera RAW. No healing or any post process but the Camera Raw setup.

Aug 24 15 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Ivascu Cristina

Christian Bela wrote:
It's the edited image directly from the Camera RAW. No healing or any post process but the Camera Raw setup.

what are you saying? smile

Aug 24 15 05:16 am Link

Retoucher

Adriano De Sena

London, England, United Kingdom

Ivascu Cristina wrote:

what are you saying? smile

I say of course you are right. Just tried to explained what is going on with the "edited RAW".

Aug 24 15 06:53 am Link

Retoucher

Kami Fore

Los Angeles, California, US

It looks like they decided to reverse the highlights (which often makes it look painted like that) in the raw and then convert it over. I don't know why in the hell they POSTED the edited raw though. They should have just kept the original.

It's disrespectful, imo.

Aug 24 15 08:59 am Link

Digital Artist

Joe Diamond

Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania

crazy dude xD

Aug 24 15 12:04 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Cole Bettelyoun wrote:
Why would one alter the before image? Have to do a search for your threads.

It's a very common practice in the "before & after" strategy in all fields. The point is to make the before as ugly as possible, therefore making the after looks as beautiful as it can be. just take a look at some low end cosmetics, plastic surgery, or weight loss ads just to name a few.

*I must admit that I have taken part in this unethical schemes of commercial photography before.  :p

Aug 24 15 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Ivascu Cristina wrote:

There is no way that anyone would open that RAW thinking that is how the photographer sees the image when it was taken. So this has to be intentional.

Aug 24 15 05:27 pm Link

Retoucher

FKW

Yogyakarta, Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Ivascu Cristina wrote:

Just stopped send photos to him big_smile

Aug 24 15 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ivascu Cristina

FKW wrote:

Just stopped send photos to him big_smile

i didan`t sent, he took from raw topic smile

Aug 25 15 03:49 am Link

Retoucher

ME_retouching

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Well the most you can do is to go into the thread where she posted his result and state that you have no idea where that "raw" photo came from but it's certainly not the raw you provided.

I don't think it's a converter issue. Her "before" has about three pounds of makeup that aren't on your original raw.

When you post pictures in the Challenges forum, I believe you can still stipulate that you do not allow "before and after" display. Check the rules.

Your shot is lovely and I am going to go find the thread and perhaps do one myself.

Edit: it looks like she has removed the "before." As for the after, unfortunately you can't tell people they can't use their version on their MM portfolio. You CAN tell them they can ONLY use it on MM unless they get permission to use outside. If you just don't like their version, it's not something you can do anything about. And of course you can tell them not to post the "before" at all and/or not to credit you as the photographer.

Aug 26 15 02:42 pm Link