Forums > General Industry > Saying Thanks to a Photographer

Model

NadiaV

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok, so I did a paid shoot a couple of months ago for an ad (t-mobile) and the photographer for the shoot was so nice--he went out of his way to mail me pictures and a CD from the shoot. I am planning on sending a thank you note, but was wondering if I should do anything else or if anyone had any ideas. Thanks for your input!

Nov 30 06 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

The Dave

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

A thank you note is great, tell him you enjoyed the shoot and all that. We love it when models let us know how we did.

We also remember those models better for upcoming jobs too...

Nov 30 06 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Nadia87 wrote:
Ok, so I did a paid shoot a couple of months ago for an ad (t-mobile) and the photographer for the shoot was so nice--he went out of his way to mail me pictures and a CD from the shoot. I am planning on sending a thank you note, but was wondering if I should do anything else or if anyone had any ideas. Thanks for your input!

Stopping the restraining order is thanks enough for me wink

Professional referrals are also a great way of saying thanks!

Nov 30 06 05:11 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The only other thing that I'd suggest is to remember to display some sort of photographer credit along with some or all of the pictures taken during the photoshoot.

Heck, just the fact that you took the time to say 'thank you' would make me want to work with you... I don't think alot of models actually do that (nor do photographers now that I think about it).

C R Photography wrote:
Stopping the restraining order is thanks enough for me wink

Heheheh, ya got me rollin' on the floor with laughter.
Wait... oh sorry.  I didn't know you were being SERIOUS!!!

Nov 30 06 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Harry Young

sending a 'thanks' is great. 

I've received a few thank-you's by email and MM msgs. also received a couple tags on my listing saying how much the model liked the shoot and the results.

.... any thank-you is   -very-   much appreciated by a photographer.

.... same goes for the models.  the ones I've sent "thanks" msgs to have appreciated them!

Nov 30 06 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jeff Pearcy Photography

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

referring other people is always a wonderful thing.  Offering the photog to be a reference for him if it is needed with other models is nice.  But, basically, I agree, taking time to thank a photographer already separates you from the pack.  I always like it when a model contacts me six months or  more later, and just says hi, hope we can work together again type of thing.  Always nice to be treated like a human being.

Nov 30 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Craiger

Palm Bay, Florida, US

I've received thank you notes from a couple models I've worked with.  I thought it was very kind of them and I really appreciated it.  And I think it's very thoughtful of you to send your photographer one.  You should pat yourself on your back!!

You ask if there is anything else you should do??  I don't think so.  The thank you is probably enough.  That's way more than most do...

Nov 30 06 05:24 pm Link

Model

NadiaV

Ok a thank you note it is! Thanks everyone!
~Nadia

Nov 30 06 05:26 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I got a thank you note from a model about a month ago. I felt like a million bucks! Even e-mails are nice, but the card was just something special...

Nov 30 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

You are very nice to think of that, and actually do it. I wish you all the success in the world! I'm sure your good deed will not be forgotten.

Nov 30 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

maanheredia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

A model once sent me a bag of cookies.  I thought that was nice.

Nov 30 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Phomme

Joliette, Quebec, Canada

I  enjoy, (and apprecite the effort) of a thank you note from a model,  it always  makes my day.

Nov 30 06 07:27 pm Link

Model

NadiaV

Jay Farrell wrote:
You are very nice to think of that, and actually do it. I wish you all the success in the world! I'm sure your good deed will not be forgotten.

Why thank you! smile

Nov 30 06 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Models that I shoot, I usually send a note after the shoot thanking them and making sure I have the correct mailing address.  Then the day I mail the package I send them an email to tell them to watch the mail.  How many models do you think ever thank me.  Not many.

Want to make an impression, send a thank you.

Nov 30 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

ericphotonyc

Brooklyn, New York, US

12 yo bottle of single malt scotch.  That was the nicest thank you I have received from a model (other than cash).

Nov 30 06 08:29 pm Link