Forums > General Industry > Can this contest be for REAL?

Photographer

Josephe at Focal Point

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Hey photogs,
I got a very professional sounding call from a lady representing that she is the press agent for this company and the contest.  She went on to tell me that the contest is ligit but they were short on entries.  I went to the site (http://www.poetryinmotion.info/)  to check them out and was disappointed.  Tell me what you think.

Nov 30 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

Andrea Melissa

Rohnert Park, California, US

looks a little phony!!

Nov 30 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

I'm not a photog, but I think we're safe to say that it's a butt-fetish site.  Your photo will be used by one dude to put on his site and jerk off to. 

Oh...and no money will ever change hands.  You'll be told that you didn't win, and so will everyone else.  Don't waste your time.

Nov 30 06 01:31 pm Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

Josephe369 wrote:
Hey photogs,
I got a very professional sounding call from a lady representing that she is the press agent for this company and the contest.  She went on to tell me that the contest is ligit but they were short on entries.  I went to the site (http://www.poetryinmotion.info/)  to check them out and was disappointed.  Tell me what you think.

The contest is probably legit but I can see why they are short on entries.

Nov 30 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Josephe at Focal Point

Alexandria, Virginia, US

KatieK wrote:
I'm not a photog, but I think we're safe to say that it's a butt-fetish site.  Your photo will be used by one dude to put on his site and jerk off to. 

Oh...and no money will ever change hands.  You'll be told that you didn't win, and so will everyone else.  Don't waste your time.

The thing that threw me was that a lady called as the press agent.  And she sounded very good, very professional!

Nov 30 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I got the same call and said "No thank You,"

Nov 30 06 04:02 pm Link