Forums > General Industry > tf... pdw!

Photographer

AllenA

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

What IS TFPDW?

It's 'Time For Professional Dog Walking' of course!

Many of the amature models and hobby photographers here have professional skills in their "real life."

A photographer may be an electrician who can wire up some energy-saving spotlights in your kitchen and an extra power outlet in your den in exchange for a couple of hours of your modelling time.

A model may be a professional shopper and do all of a photographer's Christmas shopping in exchange for an upgrade to thier portfolio....

I think you get the idea...

I'm a hobby photographer, but in the 'real world' I run a  business with a certain home service that is often sought after... (but no... it is not professional dog-walking, and I can't reccommend a good one for you either, sorry again...)

Would you models that normally charge for your time do a shoot in exchange for a tradesperson's skills or shopowner's goods instead of cash?

It could open a new world...

"Professional Dog Walker Seeks Model"

Cheers,

Allen

Nov 29 06 02:13 am Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I thought that said TF4TW/TFFTW.   Time to get some sleep and/or have another drink.

Time for for the win::

Nov 29 06 02:15 am Link

Photographer

TA Craft Photography

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Nice idea, but unless the models had $10,000,000 or more to spend I don't think I could help her out in my 'other' life.  My client are normally large corperations, but I like the idea of this.

Nov 29 06 01:35 pm Link

Model

BingeAndPurge

Mount Vernon, Washington, US

I know a few girls who, after doing some modeling for clothing designers or stores, were compensated with the clothes. 

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Nov 29 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

I'm the 'Macanik',  i help people with their Macs, tutor them in software etc.

I'd love to barter time!

Nov 29 06 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

I'm no master artist, but I prefer to work with models whose investment is in the resulting photographs, not those who would merely endure my terrible jokes and goofy camera-side mannerisms just so I'll fix their computer.

Nov 29 06 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I prefer TFPDA...

Nov 29 06 06:11 pm Link

Model

Sarah Ellis

Portland, Oregon, US

Sure!  I've done TF car maintenance, TF computer fixing, TF clothes and TF books.  Lots of great options!

Nov 29 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

PLEASE,stop the TFPDW madness!

Dec 01 06 01:15 pm Link

Model

Briene Smith

Chicago, Illinois, US

I usually always get something from a shoot.....Gas money,clothes,money. Their was one shoot I had a whial back..The photos sucked, No gas money no food fucker didn't even offer something to drink....I hate photographer who suck at what they do. I shoulda asked more Questions.

Dec 01 06 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

The Immaculate Defect wrote:
I usually always get something from a shoot.....Gas money,clothes,money. Their was one shoot I had a whial back..The photos sucked, No gas money no food fucker didn't even offer something to drink....I hate photographer who suck at what they do. I shoulda asked more Questions.

What's a food fucker?

Edit:  You're 16 years old-- watch your language, go to your room, and don't come out 'til I say so!

And spell check your typing before you post.

Dec 01 06 01:54 pm Link