Forums > General Industry > urgent email from model-advice???

Photographer

Lightwave Photography

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Reply-To :  [email protected]
Sent :  November 28, 2006 7:02:53 AM
Subject :  Hello pls read and reply back...

|  |  | Inbox

Dear Beloved,

Due to the sudden death of my husband General Abacha the former head of state of Nigeria in June 1998, I have been thrown into a state of hopelessness by the present administration. I have lost confidence with anybody within my country.I got your contacts through personal research,and had to reach you through this medium. I will give you more details when you reply. Due to security network placed on my daily affairs I cant visit the embassy so that is why I have contacted you. My husband deposited $12.6million dollars with a security firm abroad whose name is witheld for now till we communicate. I will be happy if you can receive this funds and keep it safe I assure you something tangible for your assistance. I will need your tel/ mobile numbers so that we can commence communication.I await your urgent
response.

Sincerely yours,
Hajia Mariam.

Hajia also told me she wants to do a photosession with me.  It will cost her $3,000 to fly from Nigeria for the session and would I pay her travel/accommodation to the photosession.

I am mailing her the check tomorrow but was just curious if anyone had any advice about it.

JUST KIDDING! : ))

Nov 28 06 09:59 am Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

I just read the first line of the email and was about to hit reply with "You are joking right?" but then I scrolled down. Thank god.

Nov 28 06 10:09 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

The Return of the Traditional 419 Scam.

I thought they gave up on this one a couple years ago....

Hmm...Oh well.

Nov 28 06 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Tom Winstead

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Ha!

After practically disappearing for a while, I've been seeing an uptick in these type of scams in the old Spam folder lately...

Nov 28 06 12:48 pm Link

Model

Mitsukai

Walnut Creek, California, US

They're sending pictures with them now. They've learned html!!! We're really in trouble now that they've got their hands on that.

Nov 28 06 12:58 pm Link