Forums > General Industry > Marking of Territory

Photographer

Thomasio

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

You are about to understand that which has confounded photographers since the dawn of time...

Riddle me this: why do some photographers constantly lose equipment at photoshoots? (Light meters, extension cords, memory cards, brand new Duracell batteries...)

It finally dawned on me last night: I'm not losing equipment at shoots, I'm **marking my territory**.

Feel free to shower me with gratitude for exposing this photographer behavior.

Thomasio

Nov 27 06 07:48 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yeah I'm good for leaving lens caps, hoods, usb cables and gels at locations.  Guess i been pissing all over the place.

Ransom J was here.

Nov 27 06 07:52 am Link

Photographer

Lotus Photography

Berkeley, California, US

the only thing i've ever forgot was an umbrella, sort of contradictory

Nov 27 06 08:09 am Link

Photographer

giovanni gruttola

Middle Island, New York, US

I lost my mind on a shoot once... it was a long time ago... but now that it's gone I really don't have any recollection of how I did it.

Nov 27 06 08:15 am Link

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

man if i did that i would be out of biz....

id rather do it the old fashoined way...lol.....phew...

Nov 27 06 08:19 am Link

Model

Loretta Lightningbolt

DEVILS ELBOW, Missouri, US

So you're saying one could stand to make a lot of money by following photographers around and picking up the pieces?

Nov 27 06 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Conchphotog

Bath, England, United Kingdom

That's why single assistants work with married photogs... They hang around and pick up the pieces... Nudge Nudge... Hint Hint... Say no more!

Nov 27 06 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

lol... in my case, it's not *me* leaving stuff (knock on wood), it's the models!

And, of course, my wife is always the one to come home and find random makeup, clothing, jewelry, etc. She really likes to rub it in sometimes with the "uhm, and *who* does *this* belong to?"

Nov 27 06 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

My last outdoor shoot on location, I lost a brand new (been used less than a handful of times) 2GB Extreme III card. sad

I've also managed to break at least 1 umbrella or lightstand or both in my last 5 or 6 shoots. This is getting expensive.

Nov 27 06 11:26 pm Link