Forums > General Industry > The Nigerian LOVE SCAM Expose' on TV!

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

OK so on Dr. Phil yesterday (while waiting on ym food to finish) they aired an episode about the Nigerian scams. But not the BIG 419 scam...nor the (industry realted) model scam. This one is much bigger and actually one where I was a victim....indirectly. TWICE - to my knowledge.

http://www.tv.com/the-dr.-phil-show/lov … mmary.html
Read to find out more...

[A woman receives an intriguing e-mail message with a handsome photo attached. Soon, she's falling for a man who tells her he loves her, but is stuck in Africa and needs money. Nigerian scams targeting the lonely cost Americans more than $100,000 each day. Meet two women who get a wake-up call about the men they believe to be their soulmates.

quote]

I'ev had my images stolen before. But, last winter, my picture was stolen to be used in these scams. The owman found me because of the copyright logo on the image.

Then, again later...spring of this year. (where I was contacted by several women in the same week who also found the copyright logo)
So, I'm fairly familiar with this thing.

They profile two women and one of the women just REFUSED to believe it was a lie. (After having lost several thousands of dollars, she kept believing her WHITE husband with STRONG nigerian accent & poor english was sincere...as the money was being depleted and funds being told were NO GOOD. All he would tell here was that he'd fix it.

And guess what he told her for hisi reason for the accent and NOT being able to speak good english? He said "I am from New York!"

Anyway...read the link.

Nov 24 06 11:16 am Link

Model

Lee Frederic

Chicago, Illinois, US

I guess they set them up pretty good...because it would be hard to fall for that.

Nov 24 06 12:39 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

You'll be surprised. The number of women along I found out that were scammed with MY image...ha.
By the way...it was said to be a multi- (either million or billion) dollar industry for Nigeria. Second largest industry in their country. But is recognized by them as illegal at the same time. (Sort of contradicting if you ask me...)

Nov 24 06 05:22 pm Link