Forums > General Industry > stolen profile

Model

Chad - C

how many of you have had ur profile stolen? Ive had it happen to me numerous times on myspace.. but this is the first time it has happend to me on modelmayhem... this is really getting annoying...

Nov 23 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

How odd?

Nov 24 06 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Chad Castellanos wrote:
how many of you have had ur profile stolen? Ive had it happen to me numerous times on myspace.. but this is the first time it has happend to me on modelmayhem... this is really getting annoying...

Dude, there are millions of guys out there that WANT women to think that YOUR ABs/Pec/Etc are theirs.. Hahahaha!  But it's only the loser guys that have to impersonate you!  Remember that no one steals the profile of ugly guys (or gals) wink

Nov 24 06 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Nobody wants me enough to steal anything.

Nov 24 06 02:08 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Chad Castellanos wrote:

Are you saying that there is someone else on Model Mayhem claiming to be you?  Please use the contact-a-mod form to let us know if that is the case.

Nov 24 06 02:27 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I recommend two things to keep people from stealing photos online:

1) watermarks
2) low res/small size

Nov 24 06 03:01 pm Link

Model

poppit

My profile always gets stolen on myspace, but never on Model Mayhem! At least, not yet. =/

Take it as a compliment.

Nov 24 06 05:01 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Not yet (that I know of) on Model Mayhem..but then that person would have to be pretty stupid as I'm easily found throughout this site.

But, on myspace...yeah more times than I can count. I have been forced to come to where  I don't care for it anymore. Impossible to police once it hits the net.

Nov 24 06 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Chad Castellanos wrote:
how many of you have had ur profile stolen?

stolen? or hacked?

F

Nov 24 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Chad Castellanos wrote:

Gawd... at least 10 times on Myspace. All stolen by the same person.

Nov 24 06 05:51 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

My friend had her profile stolen on Myspace. I don't belong to that site anymore. How do you find out if your profile's been stolen on MM? Do you just have to come across it?

Nov 25 06 04:06 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Do you mean your images were stolen or that your profile was logged in to by another person?

I've never had either one happen to me, but hey...

Nov 25 06 04:12 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Chad Castellanos wrote:
how many of you have had ur profile stolen?

FML wrote:
stolen? or hacked?

James Jackson wrote:
Do you mean your images were stolen or that your profile was logged in to by another person?

fell victim to a "phishing" program (hack) on myspace one time; amazing how clever some of those things are disguised now ...

(*sigh*)

F

Nov 25 06 04:16 am Link

Photographer

Conchphotog

Bath, England, United Kingdom

My profile got stolen once... They give it right back!

Nov 25 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

I'd like to know exactly what the OP means by "Stolen."  Does he mean that he is being impersonated or that someone hacked into his profile and then took over his identity?

Nov 25 06 09:10 am Link