Forums > General Industry > Friend requests - Ever decline & change your mind?

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I turned down a friend request from a 16 yr old girl today because my portfolio contains a lot of 18+ images.  I don't know the girl & my first thought was that it wasn't really appropriate for me to link to her profile.  Later, I thought "What the heck could it hurt?  Why not?" but I'd already deleted her request & I don't remember her name.

It's probably not a big deal for this girl as she has several hundred friends already and is probably just a "friends" collector.

Still, I'm curious, have you ever deleted a friend request & later changed your mind about it?

Nov 23 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Yeah from some guy named Tyler ..declined him , reconsidered and have been chasin after him since ... Does anyone know thsi fellow ( LOL )

Nov 25 06 11:09 am Link

Photographer

joeyk

Seminole, Florida, US

My friends list contains only those I want to work with soon,

my faves list is for collecting for later.

Nov 25 06 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Imagery - Men

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

My issue is more with people who request a friend spot even though they:

1. have never commented on one of my photos, tagged me or even sent me a message
2. their work bears no relationship to the work I do so it's a mystery to me whether they want to work with me or just like my work
3. are obviously just collecting friends like Myspace

Despite the fact that I put a notice about this in my profile - I still get these type of requests every day. My latest tactic is to send them a polite message asking them to connect with me if they REALLY want to be connected, and then delete their request. If they really mean it they will come back. Right now I'm about 20 behind on this task. lol

Nov 25 06 11:16 am Link