Forums > General Industry > Can anyone recommend a good print utility?

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Intro:
I like to print useful Photoshop tutorials that I find on the web. I use Firefox.

The Problem:
When you hit print, it prints everything on the page. Including banners, menu bars, etc. It also sometimes runs the text beyond the margins. Or worse, if there are photos or illustrations it sometimes breaks them into two pages.

What I'd like to be able to do:
Hit Print Preview and from there insert page breaks where I want them and eliminate certain elements like banners, menus, etc.

Does such a utility exist that allows me to do this without having to copy/paste everything into a word processing program?

Nov 23 06 12:18 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

There is a firefox extensions, actually two or three that might do the trick, and if I had half a memory I could tell you what they are.

One allows you to put your own mini-scripts into the web page so it works the way you want.

The other allows you to edit and re-arrange web pages so when they display later they display the way you want.  Could probably print from this.

There's another that will let you grab and save to a text file.

Here they are, try one of these.
GreaseMonkey
Firebug
Plain text to link

Nov 23 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thanks. Looking into those. All I really wanna do is be able to print a page and leave out all of the extra stuff. And format it so the page breaks are in a logical place.

I'll look into your suggestions once the wine wears off.

Nov 23 06 10:29 pm Link