Forums > General Industry > What big goal have you met this year?

Photographer

Ray Cornett

Sacramento, California, US

Well,it is just over a month until next year already. This made me look back over the year and see what goal I accomplished from those I sat last year.

What is the biggest goal you sat for this year that you have met?

I sat a goal New Years Eve of 2005 to get some of my work into an exhibit.  got into two, one was juried and all of my submissions were accepted for the exhibit where as the others only got one.

What goals do you have set for the coming year?

Nov 23 06 04:31 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

I didn't set any goal for myself.  But I've achieved a lot in the past year.  I moved outta my van and into an apartment, now house.  I've become more independant.  I've reached a great point in modeling.  I've been more creative.

For next year I think my goal is to buy a new van and start the whole thing over again.  wink.

P.S. Congratualtions on your exhibit!  I told you that once before, though.

Nov 23 06 04:34 am Link

Model

Lucy Zhang

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

My biggest goal I set myself this year is transferring to another course by next year, results haven't come out yet but I hope I made it! Fingers crossed!

Nov 23 06 04:53 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

2006 pretty much sucked for me. I spent a good part of it in and out of the hospital. A couple of surgeries later, I'm over half way through my final mend. I haven't had what could be called any great shoots. To be honest, it's kind of scary to get started up again.

Here's to 2007 being a better year!

Gary

Nov 23 06 06:53 am Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Well, I managed to save enough money to get out to Colorado for 6 weeks to do some continuing education in my chosen career field. I didn't go TOO broke, and my boyfriend and I returned (he came out to visit me the last week for vacation) in decent shape. Then his work cut him back to 30 hours and all the hard work to return home prepared went down the drain. Guess that means you have to be doubley prepared sad

Next year my goal is to get out there for 12 weeks. To do that I need to save about 10,000.00 before the middle of summer. So far I have about 1200.00 and I have 8 months left. Its gonna be nuts but I think I can do it.

Nov 23 06 08:32 am Link

Model

Constance Hilory

Mobile, Alabama, US

I finally decided what I want to do with my life and got into a doctoral program for Audiology. big_smile

Nov 23 06 08:35 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Survived. Considerably more ambitious plans for 2007. ;-)

Nov 23 06 08:39 am Link

Model

Conan Stevens

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

I have gotten closer to my goals.

I wrote a script and it is being made into a full length movie - I am also a main actor in this.

I dropped fat and gained significant muscle as my recovery from a debilitating injury got better.

I worked in 3 movies and 4 TVC's plus several print jobs in a new country.

Made many contacts and have a major part in another movie for Jan + another large stage show looks good to go ahead.

How much did you work this year? How serious have you been? How much real effort have you put in?

http://www.conanstevens.com for more details if you think I am bragging.

You can do it too, if you have not then you have not been serious.

Nov 23 06 08:40 am Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

well I haven't made my goal yet but I'm close.I'm taking my SAT on December 2nd.

Nov 23 06 08:53 am Link

Model

TiffanyB

Clinton, Mississippi, US

I guess my goals this year were to continue to better myself in many areas. I made a concious effort to befriend those I have not in school, better my talents, and find a job after school that could teach me skills that would last a lifetime.
I changed my hair color to pursue the theater and it paid off.
My goals will continue to be the best I can be and never take one moment for granted. I will keep bettering myself and be kinder to others. Thats my goal for the new year:)
xoxox
Tiffany

Nov 23 06 08:55 am Link

Model

Only1Victoria

Osage Beach, Missouri, US

Hmmm ... This year I guess...Conquering a halfy marathons...

Now onto the big ones...HEHE...Avid running to my absolute best I can B....

To be Living every day like it may b your last...Live it to the absolute fullest u can...
Live...Love...laugh...dance...Friends....sing....Enjoy......

Not taking for granted the simple things...B the best u can b in health and happiness...

Doesn't really matter where u go in life, how much u have, what huge strides or what u do....It's those simple accomplishments for u that makes it all worth while to me...

It's those u have beside u or around u....most important is you health......Respect it!!

Nov 23 06 09:07 am Link

Photographer

lightsandshadow

New York, New York, US

I sold a print and my work will be used to promote a film project.

Nov 23 06 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Purple Sea Photography

Waukesha, Wisconsin, US

Moved three times, got booked for a gallery show, sold my first print and finally started getting paid work when I landed where I am now - what a year - and hoping things keep getting better!

Nov 23 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

BTHPhoto

Fairbanks, Alaska, US

Signed an agreement for a full gallery show, to run Nov. 1 through Nov. 30, 2007.

Nov 23 06 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Anderson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Made it through another year - well, almost.  With all my luck it's a major goal to make.

Nov 23 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Lost 15 pounds and kept it off
(we'll see if that survives the holidays)

Nov 23 06 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Shot a bunch of pro-bono stuff for the Special Olympics. Best thing I've done in years.

Nov 23 06 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

Conchphotog

Bath, England, United Kingdom

I wanted to do one textbook this year... in fact I did 5 textbooks, the images for the companion CD-Rom for one of them and the marketing photos for four of the textbooks.

I think I'll stick to hoping for one textbook next year and see how everything pans out!

Nov 23 06 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

I got better. Same goal for next year.

Nov 23 06 03:34 pm Link