Forums > General Industry > Anyone know of Peter Beard?

Makeup Artist

G_Makeup

New York, New York, US

I have heard he is a famous fashion photographer but have not found much about him except a very expensive book of african safari prints.

G

Nov 22 06 04:13 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

If you Google "Peter Beard photographer" you'll get a lot of results, ranging from his website, to articles about him.

Nov 22 06 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

He's well known for his collages. He would mix high fashion shots with his photos of slaughtered elephants and rhinos as well as living animals. He would also smear the blood of dead animals on his work as well. There are numerous books on him.

Nov 22 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

This is somewhat like asking Christians if they heard of an apostle
he's an Icon but I guess not everyone knows him

Nov 22 06 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

D. Brian Nelson

Rapid City, South Dakota, US

Tall, good-looking aristocratic fashion photographer, mostly from the '80s.  Discovered Iman.  Photographed her with lions and giraffes.  Yep, an icon.  No one else ever did it like he did.

Best go do some catching up.

-Don

Nov 22 06 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

He's really of another generation.  He came to my attention through interest in writer and naturalist Peter Matthiessen, who in turn collaborated with him.

Nov 22 06 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

He was stomped on by an elephant .... and propelled Janice D into the international spotlight.

The man's work is just too important to Africa and the world to make light of those occurrences beyond a passing thought.

bt

Nov 22 06 06:05 pm Link