Forums > General Industry > It is impossible for a wealthy man to be a GWC.

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
So...according to MM he was a GWC because he was trying to "get some" -- and I'm a GWC because I don't do this for money...so who isn't a GWC in the end?  Is a lesbian who photographs nudes still a GWC?  A gay man who photographs male nudes?

Basically anyone who enjoys looking at someone in a nude/erotic context [and don't even start that "there's no sexuality in fashion" nonsense] is a GWC...according to the strict interpretation of the term.

A Twisted Mind wrote:
So much for the utility of subjective, perjorative terms that can be thrown around as people see fit.

Well that's where I've been going all along with this.  "GWC" is just a way for some people to put down other people for shooting things they don't like for reasons they don't like.

Nov 23 06 07:39 am Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

If you have sex with an other person it is called natural. If you have sexual experiences with media like photographs or video it is called perverted. If you lust after a living person you are acting natural. If you lust after a mediated image you are a pervert. So isn’t it true that a photographer who lusts after a image is a pervert and a photographer who lusts after a live human is acting natural?

Nov 23 06 08:07 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

Doug Sampson wrote:
True or false?

I know of a man that flies models to NY, puts them up in a hotel with all expenses plus pays them their model rates just because he enjoys it. Yes he does nudes.

I will bet he will never be accused of being a GWC and I'll bet most models would jump at the chance.

If I were a gazillionare, I'd totally do that. Doing photo shoots and not having to worry about expenses or budgets seems like a great life to me. I don't see how that would make me a GWC unless I tried to sleep with them, I've never made a pass at a model I've worked with before and have no reason to think I would if I were that rich.

Nov 23 06 08:21 am Link

Photographer

ATMPhotos

Brooklyn, New York, US

Golden Light wrote:
If you have sex with an other person it is called natural. If you have sexual experiences with media like photographs or video it is called perverted. If you lust after a living person you are acting natural. If you lust after a mediated image you are a pervert. So isn’t it true that a photographer who lusts after a image is a pervert and a photographer who lusts after a live human is acting natural?

Interesting point. What some people would fail to take into consideration is that a man looking at the mediated image comes as a result of the natural lust for a living woman. It's an expression of that which was already within him.

Nov 23 06 02:39 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Doug Jantz wrote:

Interesting.  I have always liked girls as my mom tells everyone, the stage that boys go through hating girls?  She says I skipped it.  I was even shooting girls at church camp in 6th grade and still have the pics to prove it!  LOL

I think I was in love with a girl when I was 5 years old... etc... I really meant that I started photography at an age 11/12 when I didn't have sex. I didn't have sex until I was 14 (or 13, could be the year I turned 14). But I didn't do people photography until much, much later in life.

Nov 23 06 02:55 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I've personally shot with a self-proclaimed GWC. He shoots naked chicks because he likes the way they look. He has money. Based on the definition MM gives for a GWC, wealth and GWC-status have nothing to do with each other.

Nov 23 06 03:00 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
Well that's where I've been going all along with this.  "GWC" is just a way for some people to put down other people for shooting things they don't like for reasons they don't like.

Exactly. I hate the term GWC for a multitude of reasons...the main one being that GWC is used as a derogatory term. My most loved photo was shot by a self-proclaimed GWC...he thinks I'm hot...he likes seeing me naked...that doesn't negate the fact that he is a fabulous, and very professional photographer. Who cares if you like hot chicks? If you're not going to rape me what does it matter if you find me sexually appealing?

Nov 23 06 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

UdoR wrote:

I think I was in love with a girl when I was 5 years old... etc... I really meant that I started photography at an age 11/12 when I didn't have sex. I didn't have sex until I was 14 (or 13, could be the year I turned 14). But I didn't do people photography until much, much later in life.

I guess I always enjoyed shooting people.  Since I was that young age, I was the one shooting family holidays, etc.  Of course, my parents were buying some of my film since I was working already.

Nov 23 06 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
So...according to MM he was a GWC because he was trying to "get some" -- and I'm a GWC because I don't do this for money...so who isn't a GWC in the end?  Is a lesbian who photographs nudes still a GWC?  A gay man who photographs male nudes?

Basically anyone who enjoys looking at someone in a nude/erotic context [and don't even start that "there's no sexuality in fashion" nonsense] is a GWC...according to the strict interpretation of the term.

Again, basically.

Nov 23 06 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Exactly. I hate the term GWC for a multitude of reasons...the main one being that GWC is used as a derogatory term. My most loved photo was shot by a self-proclaimed GWC...he thinks I'm hot...he likes seeing me naked...that doesn't negate the fact that he is a fabulous, and very professional photographer. Who cares if you like hot chicks? If you're not going to rape me what does it matter if you find me sexually appealing?

Cool My feelings as well.

Nov 24 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Papa Vic Photography

Glendale, Arizona, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

I'd totally shoot you for the same reasons.  Unfortunately i have no money AND I'm old/fat/ugly, so that makes me a GWC by default.

Nov 24 06 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografia-di-Asia

Park City, Utah, US

GWC = guys with cash. So, all rich guys by default are GWC. smile

Nov 25 06 10:31 am Link

Model

Caroline Ann Martin

Williamsport, Pennsylvania, US

Doug Sampson wrote:
True or false?

I know of a man that flies models to NY, puts them up in a hotel with all expenses plus pays them their model rates just because he enjoys it. Yes he does nudes.

I will bet he will never be accused of being a GWC and I'll bet most models would jump at the chance.

Well, the one GWC I worked with a while back does something along this line, and it doesn't make him any less of a GWC...  I've heard better things about him lately, so perhaps my complaints were heard by him and he's correcting his ways. One can only hope.

Nov 25 06 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Golden Light

Miami, Florida, US

Golden Light wrote:

So how is more perverted?

Nov 25 06 10:38 am Link