Forums > General Industry > Met Art in Milwaukee? Really?

Artist/Painter

aquarelle

Chicago, Illinois, US

Saw this on Chicago Craigslist, with a Milwaukee location.  Enjoy!

MrtArt Opportunity

compensation: to be discussed
MetArt the largest erotic company is growingphone and looking for new models and couples (Boy/Girl and Girl/Girl) to shoot in our new upcoming erotic and mainstream films and photo shoots. In the upcoming year we're launching ten new products and websites using some of the most talented Directors, Cinematographers and Screen Writers from around the world to produce the most ground breaking content ever seen online. Get a chance to be flown to a MetArt production in the most luxurious places around the world, for your chance to work with the brightest in the movie industry. You can earn up to $20,000 plus travel expenses to be a MetArt Girl or MetArt Couple and shoot with mainstream Directors like Zalman King, the producer, director and writer of 9 1/2 Weeks, Wild Orchid and Red Shoe Diaries to name a few. MetArt set the bar for the erotic entertainment industry. Now, ONCE AGAIN, MetArt is ushering in the next generation of erotic and mainstream film and photography, and we want you to be a part of our journey.SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINESYOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE TO APPLY.Submit us the following pictures:1.) 3 head shots one of your left side, right side and frontal face.2.) 5 full body shots in 5 different poses. Make sure we can clearly see your full body3.) Some basic contact information such as phone number and address with city and stateGive us a few days, we will respond to every submission. We appreciate every one of you and respect your time you put into submitting us your images-- thank you for making us #1.Good Luck, MetArt Team

May 16 14 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

MetArt is owned by a California company though the site(s) are of initially Russian origin and some pages still show a Russian address as well as others an ownership address in Cyprus. As recently as Feb 2014 they have made some new acquisitions including DOMAI and another site. It is possible that they are expanding on their web content in related but slightly different directions.

HOWEVER, THAT SAID

MetArt [or any of the recently acquired sites] has, to my knowledge, never featured M+F "couples" though they do have some areas of their sites featuring F+F "couples"

If I had to venture a wild guess, MetArt does not have to rely on CL adverts to attract talent on either side of the camera. There is just too much, far too much, puffery [and a bit of name-dropping**] in the CL advert to be believable. If there really is $20 grand on the table + travel expenses then I want to see the money AND the contracts. But that's just me.

https://www.thepersonalistproject.org/images/uploads/blog_entry_images/pp74_salt.jpg

** BTW Zalman King DIED on February 3, 2012. No chance of shooting with him I think!

Studio36

May 17 14 02:10 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Palo Alto, California, US

Sounds scammy. (seems OP knows that though)   There are plenty of Met Art shoots in the US, why would they bother sending someone overseas...  Not to mention I think they still do a lot of "shoot it, maybe we'll buy it" stuff.

and there's plenty of MA shoots with those hawwwwwwt easteurobabes as well. 

That's what I heard anyway.  Never seen them myself.

May 17 14 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

There are US photographers who shoot for MetArt.  This CL ad looks phony.
I have photographed a few models who have been in MetArt.

May 17 14 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Never would have considered Milwaukee as a hotbed for Met-Art, young eastern european looking style models. Who Knew?!

Just sayin'

May 17 14 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Austin

Austin, Texas, US

Art Silva wrote:
Never would have considered Milwaukee as a hotbed for Met-Art, young eastern european looking style models. Who Knew?!

Just sayin'

My thoughts exactly!  No offense to anyone from those parts but come on.

May 17 14 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Art Silva wrote:

Just sayin'

Not all the MetArt models are eastern European these days.  I know some American models who have been MetArt models.

May 17 14 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Not all the MetArt models are eastern European these days.  I know some American models who have been MetArt models.

I know that but they do share that same MetArt model look, and I have to say I have yet to meet any model from that area that has that look, especially enough to place a casting call... no offense to you and others that live in the region.

That ad is a scam

May 17 14 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Art Silva wrote:

I know that but they do share that same MetArt model look, and I have to say I have yet to meet any model from that area that has that look, especially enough to place a casting call... no offense to you and others that live in the region.

That ad is a scam

I already said that.  There is a MetArt model in my portfolio.

May 17 14 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

Vindictive Images

Houston, Texas, US

studio36uk wrote:
MetArt [or any of the recently acquired sites] has, to my knowledge, never featured M+F "couples" though they do have some areas of their sites featuring F+F "couples"
Studio36

Met-art does have a site that has b/g couples. It's appropriately called sex-art.

May 17 14 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

I think Met Art is likely a very successful company, that could afford someone with at least a smidgen of experience writing marketing pieces. I'd guess they're not hiring/using the person who wrote this.

May 17 14 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I already said that.  There is a MetArt model in my portfolio.

Congrats but where is she from?

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
I think Met Art is likely a very successful company, that could afford someone with at least a smidgen of experience writing marketing pieces. I'd guess they're not hiring/using the person who wrote this.

I agree. Im sure they have their own talent scouts and portfolio submissions or references to NOT put out CL casting call ads in the most unlikely place in hope there is a pool of talent with their look.

May 17 14 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Vindictive Images

Houston, Texas, US

Art Silva wrote:
Congrats but where is she from?

Looks like the Bay Area to me.

May 17 14 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Rik Austin wrote:

My thoughts exactly!  No offense to anyone from those parts but come on.

Beer and Boobs have gone together forever!!:-))))))

May 17 14 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

Vindictive Images

Houston, Texas, US

Art Silva wrote:

There are people from the Chicago-Milwaukee area that became Met-Art and Met-Art network models. I'm not sure if I should out them. Dave Preston photographed them.

Met-Art has many sites now and their American models are diverse looking. The only constant is that they have lean natural bodies and have pretty faces.

May 17 14 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Vindictive Images wrote:

Yes.

May 17 14 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Vindictive Images wrote:
There are people from the Chicago-Milwaukee area that became Met-Art and Met-Art network models. I'm not sure if I should out them. Dave Preston photographed them.

Met-Art has many sites now and their American models are diverse looking. The only constant is that they have lean natural bodies and have pretty faces.

The point being that Milwaukee only (no one included metropolitan Chicago) is a MetArt hotbed that warrants a CL casting call? That this may not be a certain Scam? come-on lets get real.

Vindictive Images wrote:

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Yes.

I rest my case

May 18 14 12:08 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

MURICA!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2929/14187933926_f783a888a7.jpg

May 18 14 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Here she is again.  I also shot nudes.

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101113/07/4cdeae61258dd.jpg

May 18 14 01:45 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

I shot with her and her puppy

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8038/8028998142_05e157257d.jpg

then later when he was grown up we did a doggie playdate and our dogs photobombed a few

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8182/8034970479_af10019e9a.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2938/14188329426_dcd0066107.jpg

There's some uncensored shots of her from other shoots in my portfolio

May 18 14 02:16 am Link

Photographer

Vindictive Images

Houston, Texas, US

Art Silva wrote:
The point being that Milwaukee only (no one included metropolitan Chicago) is a MetArt hotbed that warrants a CL casting call? That this may not be a certain Scam? come-on lets get real.

I rest my case

No, my point was there are Met-Art Network models from the area ranging between Chicago and Milwaukee. I'm not sure why Met-Art can't do a spray recruitment campaign placing ads in every major city. I know Digital Desire (the late Stephen Hicks), a competitor, recruited everywhere through MM casting calls.

I remember Kayla Jane Danger being the casting director for Met-Art several years ago and discussed how they recruited in the forums when the question last came up.

May 18 14 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Solas

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

20 grand should be enough of a hint. Even 5 grand would be steep for that style of shooting.

There's quite a few photographers and models on here that have worked with them, have a few friends who have too. I don't even have to ask to know that's a fake ad

May 18 14 11:04 am Link

Photographer

DwLPhoto

Clearly a scam.  But there is  reason average Joes and Joans would know how any type of company they have heard of operates anyway, which makes it a "good"  scam....ie where their factories are,  whether they farm out all their production, what the parent companies are... or whether or not they do casting calls.

There was some company doing actor casting calls around here during Bev Hills 90210 heyday and everyone was convinced it was for the show even though they never mentioned what it was for--just because of a brief clip of the theme song

May 18 14 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I just noticed that Holly Randall also shoots for MetArt.

May 19 14 09:04 am Link