Forums > General Industry > Why are people lame?

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Too many people complain about things they see other people doing and yet do it themselves.

Example 1:  An MM member slammed a photo on a magazine cover and then complained when someone kind of did the same thing to their avatar.  Claiming it was unasked for.  As if that magazine photographer asked for her opinion.

Example 2:  An MM member is complaining about crappy avatars that don't show their work very well.  yet, this member's current avatar shows them to be so small in comparison to all the empty space around them...well...you know...pot and the kettle?

Example 3:  This thread.  What kind of fool asks such a stupid question knowing full-well that no one can really answer the question.

Nov 21 06 01:14 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

I wish people would read before they talked.

Nov 21 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

DigitalCMH wrote:
Too many people complain about things they see other people doing and yet do it themselves.

Example 1:  An MM member slammed a photo on a magazine cover and then complained when someone kind of did the same thing to their avatar.  Claiming it was unasked for.  As if that magazine photographer asked for her opinion.

Example 2:  An MM member is complaining about crappy avatars that don't show their work very well.  yet, this member's current avatar shows them to be so small in comparison to all the empty space around them...well...you know...pot and the kettle?

Example 3:  This thread.  What kind of fool asks such a stupid question knowing full-well that no one can really answer the question.

Someone give Chris a hug.

Nov 21 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

little apple blossom wrote:

That would be lame.

And about as useful as people putting up good avatars. wink

Nov 21 06 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Kas_

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I wish people would follow this philosphy before posting:

Is it necessary, is it true, does it improve on the silence

Nov 21 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

In answer to your question...because they keep shooting themselves in the foot?

Or even because their foot is rammed firmly into their gob?

big_smile

Nov 21 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Sirensong wrote:
In answer to your question...because they keep shooting themselves in the foot?

Or even because their foot is rammed firmly into their gob?

big_smile

I want a laugh, but I need to know what a gob is first.

Nov 21 06 01:27 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

DigitalCMH wrote:

I want a laugh, but I need to know what a gob is first.

Ahh curse my evil Brit speak.
Gob=slang for the mouth

Nov 21 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'll take Door Number Three, Bob.

Nov 21 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Admiral Frog

Roswell, Georgia, US

Sirensong wrote:

Gob=slang for the mouth

Down with the Evil Brit...she talks funny, she must be a witch, lets burn her

Nov 21 06 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Mostly someone is lame due to a severe case of rectal disfunction-- their head is firmly stuck up their ass.  Or something like that.

Nov 21 06 01:40 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

I

Nov 21 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Nihilus

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Mandatory Irony Meters for everyone.

Nov 21 06 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I blame Bush!

Nov 21 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

To answer your question...The internet brings out things that is going on in their lives outside of the net. This is why this site is overwhelmed with so many issues. If this site had more strict rules and let in only those who have serious work or are about being serious about work, then most of these problems wouldn't exist.

The site isn't a totally paid website, and is open to the public, what do you do? You stay away from the b.s. and the forums if you don't like the drama. Seriously. This prevents headaches. As you can see, there is alot of it on here, and you can't get yourself caughtup on these forums. Imo, the forum is a bad idea, because it brings out the egos, attitudes, nuts, arguments etc...You have to make it what you choose to make it. Just my two cents.

Nov 21 06 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Kasmia wrote:

LOL.  I think we should count up the threads that begin with "Why?"  Why ask why??  smile

Nov 21 06 01:56 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Legacys 7 wrote:
To answer your question...The internet brings out things that is going on in their lives outside of the net. This is why this site is overwhelmed with so many issues. If this site had more strict rules and let in only those who have serious work or are about being serious about work, then most of these problems wouldn't exist.

The site isn't a totally paid website, and is open to the public, what do you do? You stay away from the b.s. and the forums if you don't like the drama. Seriously. This prevents headaches. As you can see, there is alot of it on here, and you can't get yourself caughtup on these forums. Imo, the forum is a bad idea, because it brings out the egos, attitudes, nuts, arguments etc...You have to make it what you choose to make it. Just my two cents.

Exactly!!!!  Instead of complaining about cerain threads, not liking them, etc., know that a site as this represents diversity and there is something for everyone!  If you don't like it, don't get involved in it.  Simple.

Nov 21 06 01:57 pm Link

Model

Sirensong

Frog516 wrote:

Down with the Evil Brit...she talks funny, she must be a witch, lets burn her

Lol
I am Welsh so its FAR worse than you may think big_smile

Nov 21 06 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Sirensong wrote:

Gob=slang for the mouth

I like that word.

Gob...Gob...Gob. big_smile

Nov 21 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

TXPhotog wrote:
I'll take Door Number Three, Bob.

Can't you ever be nice? wink

Nov 21 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Envy wrote:

I

Nov 21 06 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Legacys 7 wrote:

I find most everything to be about 98% entertaining. big_smile  In a sense, I'm not REALLY complaining.  Sometimes I see a fire and I like to watch it.

Nov 21 06 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Doug Jantz wrote:

Exactly!!!!  Instead of complaining about cerain threads, not liking them, etc., know that a site as this represents diversity and there is something for everyone!  If you don't like it, don't get involved in it.  Simple.

Very true. I haven't been in the Pit for I think two weeks now.  As entertaining as these threads can be, sometimes I do need to step away from those 2%ers that get under my skin...or was it 1%?  Ricco, where did you go?

Nov 21 06 03:03 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Next time stay in LA long enough to visit. big_smile

I am. We are going to do a blasphemous shoot. Me + bikini on the beach.

Nov 21 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Envy wrote:

I am. We are going to do a blasphemous shoot. Me + bikini on the beach.

That's not blaphemous!  That's Heaven on Earth. big_smile

Nov 21 06 03:10 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

That's not blaphemous!  That's Heaven on Earth. big_smile

You've never seen me in a bikini.

Nov 21 06 03:12 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Envy wrote:

You've never seen me in a bikini.

You've never seen me part water. wink

watches out for lightning

Nov 21 06 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Kasmia wrote:

You forgot: Does it help me get a free t-shirt. wink

Nov 21 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I hope that people like you continue to post about bad avatars without thinking...

Nov 21 06 04:08 pm Link

Model

Stacy

Englewood, Florida, US

without these people. life wouldn't be as interesting smile

Nov 21 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Goldstein

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Most can not and do no wish to see their own reflection in the mirror and like to live with their own smoke screen of belief !..And sadly to say a place like MM does not really educate the majority but juts sustain their fantasy ...

Nov 21 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Rawhider Studios

Hillsboro, Texas, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

I find most everything to be about 98% entertaining. big_smile  In a sense, I'm not REALLY complaining.  Sometimes I see a fire and I like to watch it.

See a fire on MM, bring marshmallows.

Nov 21 06 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Never mind. I'd probably get toasted for that attempt at humor.

Nov 21 06 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

photomovement wrote:
Most can not and do no wish to see their own reflection in the mirror and like to live with their own smoke screen of belief !..And sadly to say a place like MM does not really educate the majority but juts sustain their fantasy ...

Wow...

that was...beautiful...

Nov 21 06 04:22 pm Link

Model

little apple blossom

MCMINNVILLE, Oregon, US

Image K wrote:

I hope that people like you continue to post about bad avatars without thinking...

I was trying to be nice, that's all. I guess being helpful without being asked to help is a bad thing.

Nov 21 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

I was trying to be nice, that's all. I guess being helpful without being asked to help is a bad thing.

Would that be your "People use the crappiest shots for their avatar" thread? I'm afraid that most people would not consider that title to be anything near an attempt to be nice.

Nov 21 06 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

Image K

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Young lady...

Don't take this personal...

Shut off your computer. Take a walk in the park. Read a good book. Call some relatives and tell them how much you love them. Rent some good movies, and gorge yourself on some sausage pizza...

Posting on MM just isn't working for you today...

There's always tomorrow...

Nov 21 06 04:32 pm Link

Model

LORA

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Just wanted to say HI CHRIS! smile Thanks for the little bit of wisdom today. More people need to read it.

Nov 21 06 04:38 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Rawhider Studios wrote:

See a fire on MM, bring marshmallows.

Mmm, marshmellows...can we make s'mores too?

Nov 21 06 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Actually, I understand your point and I agree with it.  I merely found it odd that of all people to say it would be someone who has a current avatar that is essentially useless.  I'm not saying it's a bad photo, but if you want to draw people into your port based on a thumbnail, that is NOT the photo you want to use.  You're so small in comparison to the rest of the image.  I'd choose a photo that has YOU as a larger presense.

Nov 21 06 04:43 pm Link